The well-conditioned asymptotic waveform evaluation (WCAWE) is applied to the MoM solution of scattering from microstrip antennas so that the reduced order model is obtained to efficiently evaluate the frequency response over a broadband in this paper. In the traditional asymptotic waveform evaluation (AWE) method, the ill conditioning usually leads to stagnation in the momentmatching process.The WCAWE eliminates this difficult.A t the same time, to cover the entire bandwidth, a multipoint automatic WCAWE method is also proposed.Numerical examples are given to illustrate the accuracy and robustness of this method.
2. Kolbehdari, M.A., M.Sriniv asan, M.S.Nakhla, Q.J.Zhang, and R.Ac har, "Simultaneous time and frequency domain solutions of EM problems using finite element and CFH techniques," IEEE Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 44, 1526-1534, 1996.
3. Slone, R.D., R.Lee, and J.F.Lee, "Well-conditioned asymptotic waveform evaluation for finite elements," accepted for publication in IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation..
4. Feldmann, P., et al., "Efficient linear circuit analysis by pade approximation via the lanczos process [J]," IEEE Trans. Comput. â€”A ided Des. Integrated Circuits and Syst., Vol. 14, 639-649, 1995.
5. Rao, S.M., D.R.Wilton, and A.W.Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 30, 409-418, 1982.
6. Chow, Y.L., J.J.Y ang, D.G.F ang, and G.E.Ho ward, "A closedform spatial Green's function for the thick microstrip substrate," IEEE Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 39, 588-592, 1991.
7. Yuan, N., T.S.Y eo, , X.-C.Nie, and L.W.Li, "A fast analysis of scattering and radiation of large microstrip antenna arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat, Vol. 51, 2218-2226, 2003.
8. Reddy, C. J., "Application of AWE for RCS frequency response calculations using Method of Moments," NASA Contractor Report 4758, No. 10, 1996.
9. Wang, C.-F., F. Ling, and J.-M. Jin, "A fast full-wave analysis of scattering and radiation from large finite arrays of microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 46, 1467-1474, 1998.
10. King, A.S.and W.J.Bo w, "Scattering from a finite array of microstrip patches," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, 770-774, 1992.