In this paper, a fast method is proposed to calculate wide- band frequency responses of complex radar targets on a personal computer. When frequencies are low, the frequency factor can be separated from space parameters by Chebyshev polynomial approximations of Green's function. Then, matrices from MoM at different frequencies can be rapidly filled, and monostatic RCS can be soon calculated. If frequencies are relatively high, a fast high-order MoM (HO-MoM), in which matrices products are in place of multi- dimension numerical integrations, is presented. That will reduce the CPU time requirement. Lastly, Numerical results are given for various structures and compared with other available data.
2. Song, J. M., C. C. Lu, W. C. Chew, and andS. W. Lee, Introduction tofastillinoissolvercode(FISC), IEEEAntennasPropagation Symposium, 48-51, 1997.
3. Sertel, K. andJ. L. Volakis, "Methodof moments solutionof volumeintegralequationsusingparametricgeometry," RadioSci., Vol. 37, No. 1, 1-7, 2002.
4. Jørgensen, E., J. L. Volakis, P. Meincke, and O. Breinb jerg, "Higher order hierarchical Legendre basis functions for electro- magnetic modeling," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. AP- 52, No. 11, 2985-2995, 2004.
5. Djordjevic, M. and B. M. Notaro Ì†s, "Double higher order method of moments for surface integral equation modeling of metallic and dielectric antennas and scatters," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, No. 8, 2118-2129, 2004.
6. Cockrell, C. R. and F. B. Beck, "Asymptotic waveForm evaluation (AWE) technique for frequency domain electromagnetic analysis," NASA Technical Memorandum 110292, 1996.
7. Reddy, C. J., "Application of model based parameter estimation for RCS frequency response calculations using method of moments," NASA/CR-1998-206951, 1998-206951, 1998.
8. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. AP-30, No. 3, 409-418, 1982.
9. Notaro Ì†s, B. M. and B. D. Popovic, "Optimized entire-domain moment-method analysis of 3D dielectric scatterers," Int. J. Numerical Model ling: Electronic Networks, Vol. 10, 177-192, 1997.
10. Peterson, A. F., S. C. Ray, and R. Mittra, Computational Methods for Electromagnetics, IEEE Press, New York, 1998.