Experimental study on a cylindrical Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA) using barium titanate (BaTiO3) is presented in this paper. The antenna is fed with a 50Ω microstrip transmission line at frequency around 2.5 GHz. High dielectric constant (εr = 1000) resonator samples with different thickness are employed. The return loss, input impedance and radiation patterns are studied. Design simulation results using CST software also presented.
2. Long, S. A., M. McAllister, and L. C. Shen, "The resonant cylindrical dielectric cavity antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 31, No. 3, 406-412, 1983.
3. Petosa, A., A. Ittipiboon, Y. M. M Antar, D. Roscoe, and M. Cuchaci, "Recent advances in dielectric resonator antenna technology," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 40, No. 3, 35-47, 1998.
4. Kranenberg, R. A. and S. A. Long, "Microstrip transmission line excitation of dielectric resonator antennas," Electronics Letters, Vol. 24, No. 18, 1156-1157.
5. Mongia, R. K., A. Ittipiboon, Y. M. M. Antar, P. Bhartia, and M. Cuhaci, "A half-split cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna using slot-coupling," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 3, No. 2, 38-39, 1993.
6. Denidni, T. A., Y. Coulibaly, and L. Talbi, "Design of a broadband hybrid dielectric resonator antenna for x-band applications," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 12, 1629-1642, 2006.
7. Xiao, J.-K., S.-P. Li, and Y. Li, "Novel planar bandpass filters using one single patch resonators with corner cuts," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 11, 1481-1493, 2006.
8. Bao, X. L. and M. J. Ammann, "Comparison of several novel annular-ring microstrip patch antennas for circular polarization," J. of Electrom. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 11, 1427-1438, 2006.
9. Yang, R., Y.-J. Xie, P. Wang, and L. Li, "Microstrip antennas with left-handed materials substrates," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 9, 1221-1233, 2006.
10. Tadjalli, A., A. R. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "Resonance frequencies and far field patterns of elliptical dielectric resonator antenna: analytical approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 81-98, 2006.
11. Kishk, A. A., A. W. Glisson, and G. P. Junker, "Bandwidth enhancement for split cylindrical dielectric resonator antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 33, 97-118, 2001.
12. Song, Y. and A. R. Sebak, "Radiation pattern of aperture coupled prolate hemispheroidal dielectric resonator antenna," Progress In ElectromagneticsResearch, Vol. 58, 115-133, 2006.