The aim of this work is to introduce the application of wavelet in Electromagnetic Scattering and making improvement in the moment method development. The conventional moment method basis and testing functions are used to digitalize the integral equations of the electric or magnetic field, resulting in dense matrix impedance. By using the wavelet expansion, wavelets as basis and testing functions, a sparse matrix is generated from the previous moment method dense matrix, which may save computational cost. Here application has been made upon two types of two dimensional antennas, which are circular cylindrical antennas and parabolic reflector antennas. Results are compared to the previous work done and published, excellent results are obtained.
2. Balanis, C. A., Antennas Theory Analysis and Design, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York, 1997.
3. Anastassiu, H. T., "Error estimation of auxiliary sources (MAS) for scattering from an impedance circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 109-128, 2005.
4. Chou, H.-T., P. H. Pathak, Fellow IEEE, and R. J. Burkholder, "Novel Gaussian beam method for the rapid analysis of large reflector antennas," IEEE Transactions and Antennas Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 6, 880-891, 2001.
5. Jin, J. M., The Finite Element Methods in Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1993.
6. Pan, G. W., Wavelet in Electromagnetics and Devices Modelling, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York, 2001.
7. Ye, Q., Development of algorithms for solving electromagnetic interactions with large structures, IEEE 1998 PhD Students Conference Gardcon'98 Proceeding Canada, No. 5, 1998.
8. Ewe, W.-B., Student Member, L.-W. Li, Member, and Q. Wu, "Analysis of reflector and horn antennas using adaptive integral method," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E88-B, No. 6, 2327-2333, 2005.
9. Zaw, Z. O. and E.-P. Li, "Analysis and design on aperture antenna systems with large electrical size using multilevel fast multipole method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 11, 1485-1500, 2005.
10. Xiang, Z. and Y. Lu, "An effective hybrid method for electromagnetic scattering from inhomogeneous objects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 17, 305-321, 1997.
11. Xiang, Z. and Y. Lu, "A hybrid FEM/BEM/WTM approach for fast scattering from cylindrical scatters with arbitrary cross section," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 22, 107-129, 1999.
12. Zunoubi, M. R. and A. A. Kishk, "A combined Bi-CGSTAB and wavelet transform method for em problems using moment method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 205-224, 2005.
13. Lashab, M., F. Benabdelaziz, and C. Zeberi, "On the use of wavelet-based moment method for analysis of two dimensional electromagnetic scattering, applied for circular and square contour antennas," SETIT 2007, 25-29, 2007.