The rigorous numerical formulation for TE-scattering from a conducting wedge with concaved edge is presented and numerical computations for scattered fields are shown. The radial mode matching technique is used to obtain the scattering field in a series form. The accuracy of the present method is checked with existing solutions of a semi-circular channel and sharp wedge, which are special case of the general geometry of a conducting wedge with concaved edge.
2. Weiner, S. D. and S. L. Borison, "Radar scattering from blunted cone tips," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 14, 774-781, 1966.
3. Pozar, D. M. and E. H. Newman, "Near field of a vector electric line source near the edge of a wedge," Radio Science, Vol. 14, 397-403, 1979.
4. Ross, R. A. and M. A. K. Hamid, "Scattering by a wedge with rounded edge," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propagat., Vol. 19, No. 4, 507-516, 1971.
5. Yu, J.-W. and N.-H. Myung, "TM scattering by a wedge with concaved edge," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 45, 1315-1316, 1997.
6. Scchdeva, B. K. and R. A. Hurd, "Scattering by a dielectric loaded trough in a conducting plane," J. of Appl. Phys., Vol. 48, No. 4, 1473-1476, 1977.
7. Hinders, M. K. and A. D. Yaghjian, "Dual series solution to scattering from a semicircular channel in a ground plane," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 1, No. 9, 239-242, 1991.
8. Ragheb, H. A., "Electromagnetic scattering from a coaxial dielectric circular cylinder loading a semicircular gap in a ground plane," IEEE Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 43, No. 6, 1303-1309, 1995.
9. Park, T. J., H. J. Eom, W.-M. Boerner, and Y. Yamaguchi, "TM-scattering from a dielectric-loaded semi-circular trough in a conducting plane," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E75-B, No. 2, 87-91, 1992.
10. Park, T. J., H. J. Eom, Y. Yamaguchi, W.-M. Boerner, and S. Kozaki, "TE-plane wave scattering from a dielectric-loaded semi-circular trough in a conducting plane," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, 235-245, 1993.
11. Yu, J.-W. and N.-H. Myung, "TM scattering by a coaxial dielectric-loaded circularly-shaped crack in a conducting wedge," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1996.
12. Shen, T., W. Dou, and Z. Sun, "Gaussian beam scattering from a semicircular channel in a conducting plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 16, 67-85, 1997.