This paper proposes a hybrid methodology that combines an extended form of Finite-Deference Time-Domain (FDTD) method with Time Domain Physical Optics (TDPO) for analysis of 3-D scattering of combinative objects in complex electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) problems. Establishing a covariant formulation for FDTD, the extended algorithm introduces a parametric topology of accurate nonstandard schemes for the non-orthogonal div-curl problem and the suppression of lattice dispersion. For complex-combined objects including a small size (SS) and large size (LS) parts, using TDPO is an appropriate approach for coupling between two regions. Thus our technique solves the EMC complexity with the help of higher order FDTD (HOFDTD) and the combinatory structures by using of the TDPO. Numerical validation confirms the superiority of the proposed algorithm via realistic EMC applications.
2. Rokhlin, V., "Rapid solution of integral equations of scattering theory in two dimensions ," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 86, 414-439, 1990.
3. Liu, J. and J. M. Jin, "A highly effective preconditioner for solving the finite element-boundary integral matrix equation of 3-D scattering," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 50, 1212-1221, 2002.
4. Liu, J. and J. M. Jin, "A novel hybridization of higher order finite element and boundary integral methods for electromagnetic scattering and radiation problems," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 49, 1794-1806, 2001.
5. Taflove, A. and S. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-difference Time-domain Method, 2 Ed., Artech House, Boston, 2000.
6. Young, J. L., D. V. Gaitonde, and J. S. Shang, "Toward the construction of a fourth-order difference scheme for transient EM wave simulation: Staggered grid approach," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 45, 1573-1580, 1997.
7. Kashiwa, T., H. Kudo, Y. Sendo, T. Ohtani, and Y. Kanai, "The phase velocity error and stability condition of three-dimensional nonstandard FDTD method ," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 38, 661-664, 2002.
8. Nikolaos, V., N. V. Kantartzis, T. D. Tsiboukis, and E. E. Kriezis, "A topologically consistent class of 3-D higher order curvilinear FDTD schemes for dispersion-optimized EMC and material modeling," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 161, 210-217, 2005.
9. Wang, M. Y., J. Xu, J. Wu, Y. B. Yan, and H. L. Li, "FDTD study on scattering of metallic column covered by double-negative metamaterial," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1905-1914, 2007.
10. Li, Y.-L., M.-J. Wang, and G.-F. Tang, "The scattering from an elliptic cylinder irradiated by an electromagnetic wave with arbitrary direction and polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 5, 137-149, 2008.
11. Hillairet, J., J. Sokoloff, and S. Bolioli, "Electromagnetic scattering of a field known on a curved interface using conformal Gaussian beams," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 195-212, 2008.
12. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Electromagnetic scattering from two eccentric metamaterial cylinders with frequency-dependent permittivities differing slightly each other," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 23-34, 2008.
13. Sun, X. and H. Ha, "Light scattering by large hexagonal column with multiple densely packed inclusions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 105-112, 2008.
14. Hamid, A.-K. and F. R. Cooray, "Scattering by a perfect electromagnetic conducting elliptic cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 59-67, 2009.
15. Fan, Z., D.-Z. Ding, and R.-S. Chen, "The efficient analysis of electromagnetic scattering from composite structures using hybrid Cfie-Iefie ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 10, 131-143, 2008.
16. Hua, Y., Q. Z. Liu, Y. L. Zou, and L. Sun, "A hybrid FE-BI method for electromagnetic scattering from dielectric bodies partially covered by conductors," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2-3, 423-430, 2008.
17. Wang, R. and L. Guo, "Numerical simulations wave scattering from two-layered rough interface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 10, 163-175, 2008.
18. Huang, T., Y. Zhang, L. Li, W. Shao, and S.-J. Lai, "Modified incomplete Cholesky factorization for solving electromagnetic scattering problems ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 13, 41-58, 2009.
19. Wang, Y., K. C. Sujeet, and S. N. Safieddin, "An FDTD/raytracing analysis method for wave penetration through inhomogeneous walls," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 50, 1598-1604, 2002.
20. Nie, X.-C., Y.-B. Gan, N. Yuan, C.-F. Wang, and L.-W. Li, "An efficient hybrid method for analysis of slot arrays enclosed by a large radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 249-264, 2006.
21. Sun, E.-Y. and W. V. T. Rusch, "Time-domain physical-optics," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 42, 9-15, 1994.
22. Yang, L.-X., D.-B. Ge, and B. Wei, "FDTD/TDPO hybrid approach for analysis of the EM scattering of combinative objects ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 275-284, 2007.
23. Kantartzis, N. V. and T. D. Tsiboukis, "A higher order nonstandard FDTD-PML method for the advanced modeling of complex EMC problems in generalized 3-D curvilinear coordinates," IEEE Transaction Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 46, 2-8, 2004.
24. Zygiridis, T. T. and T. D. Tsiboukis, "Optimized three-dimensional FDTD discretizations of Maxwell's equations on Cartesian grids," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 226, 2372-2388, 2007.
25. Nikolaos, V. K. and T. D. Tsiboukis, "Rigorous ADI-FDTD analysis of left-handed metamaterials in optimally-designed EMC applications," COMPEL: The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. 25, 667-690, 2006.
26. Petropoulos, P. G., L. P. Zhao, and A. C. Cangellaris, "A reflectionless sponge layer absorbing boundary condition for the solution of Maxwell's equations with high-order staggered finite differences," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 139, 184-208, 1998.
27. Lee, J.-F., R. Palendech, and R. Mittra, "Modeling three-dimensional discontinuities in waveguides using the non-orthogonal FDTD algorithm," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 40, 346-352, 1992.
28. Rao, S. M. and D. R. Wilton, "E-field, H-field, and combined field solution for arbitrarily shaped three-dimensional dielectric bodies," Electromagn., Vol. 10, 407-421, 1990.
29. Jiao, D., A. A. Ergin, B. Shanker, E. Michielssen, and J. M. Jin, "A fast higher-order time-domain finite element-boundary integral method for 3-D electromagnetic scattering analysis," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 50, 1192-1202, 2002.
30. McCowen, A., A. J. Radcliffe, and M. S. Towers, "Time-domain modeling of scattering from arbitrary cylinders in two dimensions using a hybrid finite-element and integral equation method," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 39, 1227-1229, 2003.
31. Ramahi, O. M., "Near- and far-field calculations in FDTD simulations using Kirchhoff surface integral representation," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 45, 753-759, 1997.
32. Costanzo, S. and G. D. Massa, "Near-field to far-field transformation with planar spiral scanning," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 49-59, 2007.