In this paper, a novel modified Wilkinson power divider without transmission line stubs (such as short-circuit stubs and open-circuit stubs) and reactive components (such as isolation inductor L and capacitor C) is developed for dual-band applications. This symmetric power divider consists of six sections of transmission lines and an isolation resistor, and the corresponding nonlinear design equations are derived by using the even- and odd-mode analysis. Moreover, by solving the final nonlinear design equations, accurate numerical design data along with different frequency ratios are obtained, and the effective normalized parameters are given simultaneously in the figure and table formats for specific applications. To theoretically verify the design parameters, an ideal equal power divider operating at both 900 MHz and 5.85 GHz is simulated. Finally, the proposed structure and design method are validated by simulated and experimental results of a typical microstrip planar power divider operating at both 1 GHz and 3.5 GHz.
2. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A compact Pi-structure dual band transformer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, 121-134, 2008.
3. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A dual-frequency transformer for complex impedances with two unequal sections," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 2, 77-79, 2009.
4. Wu, L., Z. Sun, H. Yilmaz, and M. Berroth, "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 278-284, 2006.
5. Cheng, K. K. M. and F. L. Wong, "A new Wilkinson power divider design for dual band application," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 9, 664-666, 2007.
6. Cheng, K.-K. M. and C. Law, "A novel approach to the design and implementation of dual-band power divider," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 56, No. 2, 487-492, 2008.
7. Kawai, T., Y. Nakashima, Y. Kokubo, and I. Ohta, "Dual-band Wilkinson power dividers using a series RLC circuit ," IEICE Trans. Electron., Vol. E91-C, No. 11, 1793-1797, 2008.
8. Park, M. J. and B. Lee, "A dual-band Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 2, 85-87, 2008.
9. Park, M. J. and B. Lee, "Wilkinson power divider with extended ports for dual-band operation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 15, 916-917, 2008.
10. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and X. Liu, "Dual-frequency power divider with isolation stubs," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 24, 1407-1408, 2008.
11. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A new dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 4, 483-492, 2009.
12. Li, X., S.-X. Gong, L. Yang, and Y.-J. Yang, "A novel wilkinson power divider for dual-band operation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 2--3, 395-404, 2009.
13. Wu, Y., H. Zhou, Y. Zhang, and Y. Liu, "An unequal Wilkinson power divider for a frequency and its first harmonic," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 11, 737-739, 2008.
14. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, J. Gao, and H. Zhou, "A dual band unequal wilkinson power divider without reactive components," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 1, 216-222, 2009.
15. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "An unequal dual-frequency wilkinson power divider with optional isolation structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 91, 393-411, 2009.
16. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "Unequal dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider including series resistor-inductor-capacitor isolation structure," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 3, No. 7, 1079, 2009.
17. Wilkinson, E., "An N-way hybrid power divider," IRE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 8, No. 1, 116-118, 1960.
18. Wu, Y. and Y. Liu, "Closed-form design method for unequal lumped-elements Wilkinson power dividers," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 5, 1320-1324, 2009.
19. Fan, F., Z.-H. Yan, and J.-B. Jiang, "Design of a novel compact power divider with harmonic suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 5, 151-157, 2008.
20. Shamsinejad, S., M. Soleimani, and N. Komjani, "Novel miniaturized wilkinson power divider for 3G mobile receivers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 9-16, 2008.
21. Oraizi, H. and M. S. Esfahlan, "Miniaturization of Wilkinson power dividers by using defected ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 113-120, 2008.
22. Chang, C.-P., C.-C. Su, S.-H. Hung, Y.-H. Wang, and J.-H. Chen, "A 6 : 1 unequal wilkinson power divider with EBG CPW," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 8, 151-159, 2009.