2. John, S., "Localization of light ," Physics Today, Vol. 44, No. 5, 32-40, 1991.
3. Sheng, P., Scattering and Localization of Classical Waves in Random Media, Singapore, World Scientific Publishing Co, 1990.
4. Tsang, L., J. A. Kong, and R. T. Shin, Theory of Microwave Remote Sensing, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1985.
5. de Wolf, D. A., "Electromagnetic reflection from an extended turbulent medius: cumulative forward-scatter sigle-back-scatterer approximation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. AP-19, 254-262, 1971.
6. Kuga , Y. and A. Ishimaru, "Retroreflectance from a dense distribution of spherical particles," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. A1, 831-835, 1984.
7. Wolf, P. E. and G. Maret, "Weak localization and coherent backscattering of photons is disordered media," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 24, 2696-2699, 1985.
8. van Aldaba, M. P., B. A. van Tiggelen, A. Lagandijk, and A. Tip, "Speed of propagation of classical waves in stongly scattering media ," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 66, 3132, 1991.
9. Tsang, L. and A. Ishimaru, "Backscattering enhancement of random discrete scatterers," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. A1, 836-839, 1984.
10. Gehrels, T., T. Coffeen, and D. Owings, "Wavelenth dependence of polarization. III. The lunar surface," Astron. J., Vol. 69, 826-852, 1964.
11. Beard, C. L., T. H. Kays, and V. Twersky, "Scattering by randomly distribution of spheres vs. concentration," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-15, 99-118, 1967.
12. Beard, C. L., "Behavior of non-Rayleigh statistics of microwave forward scatter from a random water surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas. Propagat., Vol. AP-15, 649-657, 1967.
13. Mendez, E. R. and K. A. O’Donnell, "Observation of depolarization and backscattering enhancement in light scattering from Gaussian random surfaces," Optics Communications, Vol. 61, No. 2, 91-95, 1987.
14. O’Donnell, K. A. and E. R. Mendez, "Experimental study of scattering from characterized random surfaces," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. A4, 1194-1205, 1987.
15. Gu, Z. H., R. S. Dummer, A. A. Maradudin, and A. McGurn, "Experimental study of the opposite effect in the scattering of light from a randomly rough metal surface ," Appl. Optics, Vol. 28, 537-543, 1989.
16. Kim, M. J., J. C. Dainty, A. T. Friberg, and A. J. Sant, "Experimental study of enhanced backscattering from one- and two dimensional random rough surfaces ," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. A7, 569-577, 1990.
17. Phu, P., A. Ishimaru, and Y. Kuga, "Controlled millimeter wave experiments and numerical simulations on the enhanced backscattering from one-dimensional very rough surfaces ," Radio Science, Vol. 28, 533-548, 1993.
18. Michel, T. R., M. E. Knotts, and K. A. O’Donnell, "Stokes matrix of a one-dimensional perfectly conducting surface," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. A9, 585-596, 1992.
19. Nito-Vesperinas, M., "Enhanced backscattering," Optics and Photonics, Vol. 1, No. 12, 50-52, 1990.
20. Thorsos, E. I., "The validity of the Kirchhoff approximation for rough surface scattering using a Gaussian roughness spectrum," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 83, No. 1, 78-92, 1988.
21. Oppenheim, A. V. and R. W. Schafer, Digital Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, Inc., New Jersey, 1975.
22. Coons, S. A., "Surfaces for computer aided design of space forms," Rep. MAC-TR-41, Project MAX, MIT, 1967.
23. Olesten, N. O., Numerical Control, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1970.
24. Olsen, , R. L. and M. M. Z. Kharadly, "Experimental investigation of the scattering of electromagnetic waves from a model random medium of discrete scatterers," Radio Science, Vol. 11, 39-48, 1976.
25. Mandt, C. E., Y. Kuga, L. Tsang, and A. Ishimaru, "Microwave propagation and scattering in a dense distribution of non-tenuous spheres: Experiment and theory ," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 2, No. 3, 225-234, 1992.
26. Bredow, J. , R. Porco, and A. Fung, "Fully polarimetric measurements of robotically fabricated dense media targets," Proceedings of IGARSS ’94, 1994.
27. Porco, R. L. and J. W. Bredow, "Robotic Aided Dense Medium Target Fabrication," IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 32, 217-219, 1994.
28. Clayton, C. and Y. Kuga, "Bistatic scattering characteristics of dense randomly distributed bylinders," Radio Science, Vol. 30, No. 4, 817-826, 1995.
29. Ulaby, F. T., D. Held, M. CDobson, K. C. McDonald, and T. B. A. Senior, "Relating polarization phase difference of SAR signals to scene properties ," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 25, No. 1, 83-92, 1987.
30. Ulaby, F. T., M. W. Whitt, and K. Sarabandi, "AVNA- based Polarimetric Scatterometers," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 1990.
31. Mead, J. B., "Polarimetric Measurements of Foliage and Terrain at 225 GHz ," Ph.D. Thesis, Univ. of Mass., 1989.
32., "Hewlett Packard, Product Note,", 8510-2, 1985.
33., "Hewlett Packard, Product Note,", 8510-12, 1987.
34. Phu, P., "MMW experiments and numerical studies on the enhanced backscattering from characterized very rough surfaces," Ph.D. Thesis, 1993.
35. Ulaby, F. T., R. K. Moore, and A. K. Fung, "Microwave Remote Sensing: Active and Passive, vol. II, Radar Remote Sensing and Surface Scattering and Emission Theory," Artech House, Inc., 1986.
36. Barnes, R. M., "Polarimetric calibration using in-scene reflectors," Rep. TT-65, MIT Lincoln Lab, 1986.
37. Ulaby, F. T. and C. Elachi, Radar Polarimetry for Geoscience Applications, Artech House Inc., MA, 1990.
38. Riegger, S., W. Wiesbeck, and A. J. Sieber, "On the origin of cross polarization in remote sensing," Proceesings of IGARSS 87, 1987.
39. Tsang, L., C. H. Chan, H. Sangani, A. Ishimaru and P. Phu, "A banded matrix iterative approach to Monte Carlo simulations of large scale random rough surface scattering: TE case," J. of Eletromagnetic waves and applications, Vol. 7, No. 9, 1185-1200, 1993.
40. Ishimaru, A., C. Le, Y. Kuga, and L. Ailes-Sengers, "Polarimetric scattering theory for high slope rough surfaces," Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 14, 1-36, 1996.
41. Ogilvy, J. A. , Theory of Scattering from Random Rough Surfaces, Adam Hilger, Bristol, England, 1991.
42. Chen, J. S. and A. Ishimaru, "Numerical simulation of the second-order Kirchhoff approximation from very rough surfaces and a study of backscattering enhancement," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 88, 1846-1850, 1990.
43. Ishimaru, A. and J. S. Chen, "Scattering from very rough metallic and dielectric surfaces: A theory based on the modified Kirchhoff approximation ," Waves Random Media, Vol. 1, 21-34, 1991.
44. Kuga , Y., J. Colburn, and P. Phu, "MMW scattering from onedimensional surfaces of different surface correlation functions," Waves Random Media, Vol. 3, 101-110, 1993.
45. Kuga, Y., A. Ishimaru, and D. Rice, "Velocity of coherent and incoherent electromagnetic waves in a dense stronly scattering medium," Phy. Rev. B., Vol. , Vol. 48, 13155-13158, 1993.
46. Ishimaru, A., "Experimantal and theoretical studies on enhanced backscattering from scatterers and rough surfaces," Scattering in Volumes and Surfaces, 1-15, 1990.
47. Kuga, Y., A. Ishimaru, and A. P. Bruckner, "Experiments on picosecond pulse propagation in a diffuse medium," J. of the Optical Society of American, Vol. 73, No. 12, 1812-1815, 1983.
48. Zaccanti, G., P. Bruscaglioni, A. Ismaelli, L. Carraresi, M. Gurioli and Q. Wai, "Transmission of a pulsed thin light beam through thick turbid media: experimental results ," Applied Optics, Vol. 31, No. 12, 2141-2147, 1992.
49. Yablonovith, E. and T. J. Gmitter, "Photonic band stucture: the face-centered-cubic case," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 63, No. 18, 1950-1955, 1989.
50. Yablonovith, E., T. J. Gmitter, R. D. Meade, A. M. Rappe, K. D. Brommer, and J. D. Joannopoulos, "Photonic band stucture: the face-centered-cubic case," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 67, No. 24, 3380-3383, 1991.
51. Kuga, Y., D. Rice, and R. West, "Propagation charcteristics and velocity of the coherent wave in dense strongly scattering media," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, 1995.
52. Ishimaru, A., "Backscattering enhancement: From radar cross sections to electron and light localizations to rough surface scattering," IEEE Ant. and Prop. Magazine, Vol. 33, No. 5, 7-11, 1991.
53. Phu, P., A. Ishimaru, and Y. Kuga, "Copolarized and cross polarized enhanced backscattering from manufactured two-dimensional very rough surfaces at millimeter wave frequencies," Radio Science, Vol. 29, No. 5, 1275-1291, 1994.