This paper presents a comprehensive study on the hybrid mode analysis of a periodic structure in a Suspended Microstrip and Broadside-coupled Suspended Stripline. The analysis has been use of Floquet's theorem in special harmonics to express the field equations in various sub regions of the periodic loaded suspended substrate. Their characteristic equation is derived, using the Galerkin's procedure. The unknown electric field distribution in the substrate region, corresponding to one unit cell of the periodic structure is specified in terms of suitable basis functions. The characteristic of slow wave properties, resonance behavior and the passband-stopband characteristics are at the millimeter wave frequencies as a various structural parameters are presented.
2. Koal, S. K., "Millimeter wave circuit techniques and technology for radar and wireless communication," Proc. 4th International Conference on Millimeter Wave and for Infrared Sience and Technology, 206-209, Aug. 199.
3. Packiaraj, D., M. Ramesh, and A. T. Kalghatgi, "Periodically loaded SSS coupled-line filter for second harmonic suppression," Microwave Journal, Vol. 49, No. 7, 106, 2006.
4. Nenzel, W. and M. Sathiasealan, "Frequency scanned antenna array using a suspended stripline negative index transmission line," Microwave Conference 2005 European, Vol. 1, 4, 2005.
5. Fardis, M., B. Bhat, and S. K. Koul, "Double dielectric finline with slots periodically loaded with inductive strips," Journal Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, Vol. 41, 31-38, 1995.
6. Tounsi, M. L., R. Touhami, and A. Khodja, "Analysis of the mixed coupling in bilateral microwave circuits anisotropy for MICs and MMICs applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 281-315, 2006.
7. Jin, L., C. Ruan, and L. Chun, "Design E-plane bandpass filter based on EM-ANN mode," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1061-1069, 2006.
8. Jin, L. and C.-L. Ruan, "Neural network models for finline discontinuties," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 25, No. 12, 1019-1027, 2004.
9. Casula, G. A., G. Mazzarella, and G. Montisci, "Effective analysis of a microstrip slot coupler," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 9, 1203, 2004.
10. Mirshekar-Syahkal, D. and J. B. Davies, "Accurate analysis of coupled strip-finline structure for phase constant, characteristic impedance, dielectric and conductor losses," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 30, No. 6, 906-910, 1982.
11. Itoh, T. and A. S. Hebert, "A generalized spectral domain analysis for coupled suspended microstriplines with tuning septums," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 26, No. 10, 820-826, 1978.