In this paper, we propose a low complexity receiver structure for Single-input Multiple-output (SIMO) downlink cyclic prefix CDMA (CP-CDMA) systems. It employs an interference cancellation scheme to suppress the interference caused by the multipath fading channel. Also, the proposed scheme is developed for Multiple-input Multiple-output (MIMO) CP-CDMA system. All filters in the proposed receiver are implemented in the frequency domain. The performance of the proposed receiver is studied and compared. Our results show a large performance improvement when using such an interference cancellation scheme relative to the rake receiver, and frequency domain Equalization (FDE).
2. Adachi, F., D. Garge, S. Takaoka, and K. Takeda, "Broadband CDMA techniques," IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol. 12, No. 2, 8-18, 2005.
3. Martoyo, I., T. Wesis, F. Capar, and F. Jondral, "Low complexity CDMA downlink receiver based on frequency domain equalization," Proc. IEEE Vech. Tech. Conf., 987-991, 2003.
4. Foschini, G. J., "Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fading environment when using multi-element antennas," Bell Labs Technical Journal, 1996.
5. Abouda, A. A. and S. G. Haggman, "Effect of coupling on capacity of MIMO wireless channels in high SNR scenario," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 65, 27-40, 2006.
6. Zhu, X. and R. D. Murch, "Novel frequency-domain equalization architectures for a singlecarrier wireless MIMO system," IEEE VTC, Vol. 2, 874-878, 2002.
7. Takeda, K., K. Ishihara, and F. Adachi, "Downlink DS-CDMA transmission with joint MMSE equalization and ICI cancellation," IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf., Vol. 4, 1762-1766, 2006.
8. Alamouti, S. M., "A simple transmit diversity technique for wireless communications," IEEE Journal Selected Areas on Communications, Vol. 16, 1451-1458, 1998.
9. Geyi, W., "Multi-antenna information theory," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 11-50, 2007.