This paper presents experimental results in the study of Space-surface Bistatic SAR (SS-BSAR) with global navigation satellite system (GNSS) and stationary receiver. The system uses GNSS as the transmitter of opportunity and a self-built, low cost receiver being set-up and fixed on the earth. It is potentially useful at remote sensing applications such as earth monitoring. The system prototype and signal processing at each stage leading to final image are described. Experimental image analysis is the core of this paper, and therefore performed in details finally.
2. Cherniakov, M., Bistatic Radar: Emerging Technology, Wiley, 2008.
3. Wu, J., Z. Li, Y. Huang, Q. H. Liu, and J. Yang, "Processing one-stationary bistatic SAR data using inverse scaled fourier transform," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 143-159, 2012.
4. Sun, J., S. Mao, G. Wang, and W. Hong, "Polar format algorithm for spotlight bistatic SAR with arbitrary geometry configuration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 323-338, 2010.
5. Cherniakov, M., T. Zeng, and E. Plakidis, "Galileo signal-based bistatic system for avalanche prediction," IGARSS, Vol. 2, 784-786, 2003.
6. Whitewood, A. P., "Bistatic radar using a spaceborne illuminator,", Ph.D. Thesis, 60, University College London, 2006.
7. He, X., M. Chernikaov, and T. Zeng, "Signal detectability in SS-BSAR with GNSS non-cooperative transmitter," IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 152, 124-132, 2005.
8. Zeng, T., M. Cherniakov, and T. Long, "Generalized approach to resolution analysis in BSAR," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 41, 461-474, 2005.
9. Saini, R., R. Zuo, and M. Cherniakov, "Problem of signal synchronization in space-surface bistatic synthetic aperture radar based on global navigation satellite emissions --- Experimental results," ET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 4, 110-125, 2010.
10. Antoniou, M., R. Saini, and M. Cherniakov, "Result of a space-surface bistatic SAR image formation algorithm," IEEE Transactions on GRS, Vol. 45, 3359-3371, 2007.
11. Antoniou, M., M. Cherniakov, and H. Cheng, "Space-surface bistatic SAR image formation algorithms," IEEE Transactions on GRS, Vol. 47, 1827-1843, 2009.
12. Antoniou, M., Z. Zeng, F. Liu, and M. Cherniakov, "Experimental demonstration of passive BSAR imaging using navigation satellites and a fixed receiver," Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 99, 1-5, 2011.
13. Sanz-Marcos, J., J. Mallorqui, A. Aguasca, and P. Prats, "First ENVISAT and ERS-2 parasitic bistatic fixed receiver SAR images processed with the subaperture range-Doppler algorithm," IGARSS, 1840-1843, 2006.
14. Lopez-Dekker, P., et al., "Bistatic SAR interferometry using ENVISAT and a ground based receiver: Experimental results," IGARSS, 107-110, 2007.
15. Gong, X. and G. Xu, "Internal time and phase synchronization for distributed micro-satellite SAR," International Conference on Radar, 1-4, 2006.
16. End, J. H. G., I. Walterscheid, and A. Brenner, "New aspects of bistatic SAR: Processing and experiments," IGARSS, Vol. 3, 1758-1762, 2004.
17. He, X., T. Zeng, and M. Cherniakov, "Signal detectability in DD-BSAR with GNSS non-cooperative transmitter," IEE Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 152, 124-132, 2005.
18. kolnik, M., Radar Handbook, 2nd Ed., McGraw Hill, 1990.