A rectangular metallic waveguide with a chiral medium is considered in this article. The field distribution inside a rectangular waveguide is investigated. The task is considered in a full vector setting. The mixed finite element method is used to calculate the rectangular waveguide with a chiral medium.
2. Kesari, V. and J. P. Keshari, "Hybrid-mode analysis of circular waveguide with chiral dielectric lining for dispersion characteristics for potential application in broadbanding a gyro-traveling-wave tube," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 2, 204-214, 2019.
3. Ji, Z. Q., K. X. Wang, and H. Wong, "Circularly polarized dielectric rod waveguide antenna for millimeter-wave applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 10, 5080-5087, 2018.
4. Meyer, A., K. Kruger, and M. Schneider, "Dispersion-minimized rod and tube dielectric waveguides at w-band and d-band frequencies," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 28, No. 7, 555-557, 2018.
5. Shestopalov, Y. and E. Kuzmina, "Symmetric surface waves along a metamaterial dielectric waveguide and a perfectly conducting cylinder covered by a metamaterial layer," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 7, No. 2, 91-98, 2018.
6. Bachiller, C., H. Esteban, F. Diaz, J. V. Morro, and V. E. Boria, "Radio-frequency performance comparison of several H-plane rectangular waveguide filters loaded with circular dielectric posts," IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 5, 536-545, 2016.
7. Freirea, M. J., R. Marques, and F. Medina, "Planar magnetoinductive wave transducers: Theory and applications," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 85, 4439, 2004.
8. Bohren, C. F., "Scattering of electromagnetic waves by an optically active cylinder," Journal Colloid Interface Science, Vol. 66, No. 1, 105-109, 1978.
9. Bohren, C. F., "Light scattering by an optically active sphere," Chem. Phys. Letters, Vol. 29, No. 3, 458-462, 1974.
10. Bohren, C. F., "Scattering of electromagnetic waves by an optically active spherical shell," Journal Chem. Phys., No. 4, 1556-1571, 1975.
11. Kluskens, M. S. and E. H. Newman, "Scattering by a multilayer chiral cylinder," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 39, No. 1, 91-96, 1991.
12. Neganov, V. A. and O. V. Osipov, "Scattering of plane electromagnetic waves by the chiral-metal cylinder," Letters to the Journal of Technical Physics, Vol. 26, No. 1, 77-83, 2000 (in Russian).
13. Uslenghi, P. L. E., "Scattering by an impedance sphere coated with a chiral layer," Electromagnetics, Vol. 10, No. 2, 201-211, 1990.
14. Fedorenko, A. I., "Solution of the problem of electromagnetic wave scattering on a homogeneous chiral cylinder using the method of surface integral equations," Radio Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 40, No. 3, 381-393, 1995 (in Russian).
15. Dmitrenko, A. G., A. I. Mukomolov, and V. V. Fisanov, "A numerical method for solving problems of electromagnetic scattering on a three-dimensional chiral body," Radio Engineering and Electronics , Vol. 43, No. 8, 910-914, 1998 (in Russian).
16. Dmitrenko, A. G. and S. V. Korogodov, "The scattering of electromagnetic waves on an ideally conducting body in a chiral shell," News of Universities. Radio Physics, Vol. 41, No. 4, 495-506, 1998 (in Russian).
17. Zhao, J.-S. and W. C. Chew, "Integral equation solution of Maxwell's equations from zero frequency to microwave frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 10, 1635-1645, 2000.
18. Chew, W. C., M. S. Tong, and B. Hu, "Integral equation methods for electromagnetic and elastic waves," Journal Synthesis Lectures on Computational Electromagnetics, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1-241, 2008.
19. He, B., C. Lu, N. N. Chen, D. S. Lin, M. Rosu, and P. Zhou, "Time decomposition method for the general transient simulation of low-frequency electromagnetics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 160, 1-8, 2017.
20. Islamov, I. J., E. G. Ismibayli, M. H. Hasanov, Y. G. Gaziyev, and R. S. Abdullayev, "Electrodynamics characteristics of the no resonant system of transverse slits located in the wide wall of a rectangular waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 23-29, 2018.
21. Islamov, I. J., E. G. Ismibayli, Y. G. Gaziyev, S. R. Ahmadova, and R. Sh. Abdullayev, "Modeling of the electromagnetic field of a rectangular waveguide with side holes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 127-132, 2019.
22. Chen, S. C. and W. C. Chew, "Electromagnetic theory with discrete exterior calculus," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 159, 59-78, 2017.
23. Lindell, I. V., "Plane-wave propagation in electromagnetic PQ medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 154, 23-33, 2015.
24. He, S., F. Sun, S. Guo, S. Zhong, L. Lan, W. Jiang, Y. Ma, and T. Wu, "Can Maxwell's fish eye lens really give perfect imaging? Part III. A careful reconsideration of the evidence for subwavelength imaging with positive refraction," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 152, 1-15, 2015.
25. He, Y., H. Qin, Y. J. Sun, J. Y. Xiao, R. L. Zhang, and J. Liu, "Hamiltonian time integrators for Vlasov-Maxwell equations," Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 22, No. 12, 124503-124504, 2015.
26. Epstein, C. L., L. Greengard, and M. O'Neil, "Debye sources, Beltrami fields, and a complex structure on Maxwell fields," Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 68, No. 12, 2237-2280, 2015.
27. Stratis, I. G. and A. N. Yannacopoulos, "Some remarks on a class of inverse problems related to the parabolic approximation to the Maxwell equations: A controllability approach," Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, Vol. 38, No. 17, 3866-3878, 2015.
28. Hess, M.W., S. Grundel, and P. Benner, "Estimating the inf-sup constant in reduced basis methods for time-harmonic Maxwell's equations," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 63, No. 11, 3549-3557, 2015.
29. Balbastre, J. V. and L. Nuno, "Modelling the propagation of electromagnetic waves across complex metamaterials in closed structures," Journal of computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 352, 40-49, 2018.
30. Htet, A. T., G. B. Saturnino, E. H. Burnham, G. M. Noetscher, A. Nummenmaa, and S. N. Makarov, "Comparative performance of the finite element method and the boundary element fast multipole method for problems mimicking transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)," Journal of Neural Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 2, 024001, 2019.
31. Tsuburaya, T., Y. Okamoto, and S. Sato, "Fast computation of linear systems based on parallelized preconditioned MRTR method supported by block-multicolor ordering in electromagnetic field analysis using edge-based finite element method," Electronics and Communications in Japan, Vol. 100, No. 8, 59-70, 2017.
32. Ciarlet, P., S. Fliss, and C. Stohrer, "On the approximation of electromagnetic fields by edge finite elements. Part 2: A heterogeneous multiscale method for Maxwell's equations," Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 73, No. 9, 1900-1919, 2017.
33. Kurachka, K. S., "Numerical modeling of a influence of a nanoparticle pair on the electromagnetic field in the near zone by the vector finite elements method," Computer Optics, Vol. 42, No. 4, 542-549, 2018.
34. Shi, D. Y., M. H. Li, and Z. Z. Li, "A nonconforming finite element method for the stationary Smagorinsky model," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 353, 308-319, 2018.
35. Yin, Y. H., P. Zhu, "The streamline-diffusion finite element method on graded meshes for a convection-diffusion problem," Applied Numerical Mathematics, Vol. 138, 19-29, 2019.