In this letter, two different types of band-notch UWB-MIMO antennas are presented. the filtering effect can be achieved by integrating slot resonators to a UWB antenna. Both of the proposed antennas have very compact size and are smaller than most of the other band-notch UWB-MIMO antennas. The ultra-wideband is achieved by etching stepped slots on the ground. The band-notch characteristic can greatly reduce the potential interference between the UWB and WIMAX/WLAN system. Our proposed antennas can also possess a wide bandwidth from 3.3 GHz to 11 GHz with |S11| < -10 dB. Some effective measures have been taken and illustrated to reduce the isolation. Measurements demonstrate that the mutual coupling between the antenna elements is good enough for a MIMO system. Their stable radiation patterns are simulated, designed and measured successfully. The good performance and compact size make the antennas good candidates for UWB applications.
2. Kaiser, T., F. Zheng, and E. Dimitrov, "An overview of ultra-wide-band systems with MIMO," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 97, 285-312, Feb. 2009.
3. Khan, M. S., et al., "Compact ultra-wideband diversity antenna with a floating parasitic digitated decoupling structure," Microw. Antenna Propag., Vol. 8, 747-753, Mar. 2014.
4. Ren, J., et al., "Compact printed MIMO antenna for UWB applications," IEEE Antenna Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1517-1520, 2014.
5. Khan, M. S., et al., "Planar, compact ultra-wideband polarisation diversity antenna array," Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 9, No. 15, 1761-1768, Dec. 2015.
6. Khan, M. S., et al., "Ultra-compact dual-polarised UWB MIMO antenna with meandered feeding lines," Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 11, No. 7, 997-1002, 2017.
7., , Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Revision of Part 15 of theCommission’s Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems First Rep. and Order, ET Docket 98-153, FCC 02-48, Adopted: Feb. 2002; Released, Apr. 2002.
8. Palandoken, M., "Dual broadband antenna with compact double ring radiators for IEEE 802.11ac/b/g/n WLAN communication applications," Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, 10.3906/elk-1507-121, 2017.
9. Palandoken, M., Artificial Materials Based Microstrip Antenna Design, Microstrip Antennas, Prof. Nasimuddin Nasimuddin (Ed.), InTech, 2011, ISBN: 978-953-307-247-0.
10. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S. O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5-GHz band-rejectionfilter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 54, 1453-1460, 2006.
11. Chu, Q. X. and Y. Y. Yang, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with 3.4/5.5GHz dual bandnotched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 56, 3637-3644, Dec. 2008.
12. Gayathri, R., T. U. Jisney, D. D. Krishna, M. Gopikrishna, and C. K. Aanandan, "Band-notched inverted-cone monopole antenna for compact UWB systems," IEE Electronics Letter, Vol. 44, 1170-1171, Sept. 2008.
13. Schantz, H. G., "Spectral control antenna apparatus and method (Utility patent),", U.S. Patent 7064 723 B2, Jun. 20, 2006.
14. Mehdipour, A., K. M. Aghdam, R. F. Dana, and M. R. K. Khatib, "A novel coplanar waveguide-fed slot antenna for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 12, 3857-3862, Dec. 2008.
15. Luo, C.-M., J.-S. Hong, and L.-L. Zhong, "Isolation enhancement of a very compact UWB-MIMO slot antenna with two defected ground structures," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1766-1769, 2015.
16. Khan, M. S., A.-D. Capobianco, S. M. Asif, D. E. Anagnostou, R. M. Shubair, and B. D. Braaten, "A compact CSRR enabled UWB MIMO antenna," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 58, No. 6, 808-812, Aug. 2016.
17. Khan, M. S., A. D. Capobianco, A. Naqvi, M. F. Shafique, B. Ijaz, and B. D. Braaten, "Compact planar UWB MIMO antenna with on-demand WLAN rejection," IET Electronic Letters, Vol. 51, No. 13, 963-964, Jun. 2015.
18. Khan, M. S., A. D. Capobianco, S. Asif, A. Iftikhar, B. Ijaz, and B. D. Braaten, "Compact 4×4 UWB-MIMO antenna with WLAN band rejected operation," IET Electronic Letters, Vol. 51, No. 14, 1048-1050, Jul. 2015.