The multi-objective optimization of the six-pole outer rotor hybrid magnetic bearing (OSHMB) not only solves the nonlinear and strong coupling problems of the three-pole magnetic bearing (THMB), but also makes the magnetic bearing structure more compact and improves the maximum bearing capacity. Firstly, the structure and working principle of the OSHMB are introduced, and the mathematical models of suspension forces are established by the Maxwell tensor method. Secondly, the key parameters of the OSHMB are multi-objective optimized, and an optimal set of parameters is obtained through the sensitivity analysis, constructing the response surface model, and the multi-objective optimization based on the genetic algorithm. Based on the optimal parameters, the force current characteristics and maximum carrying capacity of the OSHMB are analyzed. Finally, the experimental platform is built. The suspension experiments, anti-interference experiments and load loading experiments are performed. It can be seen that the maximum bearing capacity of the OSHMB is about 9.6% higher than that of the SHMB.
2. Le, Y. and K. Wang, "Design and optimization method of magnetic bearing for high-speed motor considering eddy current effects," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2061-2072, Aug. 2016.
3. Usman, I., M. Paone, K. Smeds, and X. Lu, "Radially biased axial magnetic bearings/motors for precision rotary-axial spindles," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 3, 411-420, Jun. 2011.
4. Abooee, A. and A. M. Arefi, "Robust finite-time stabilizers for five-degree-of-freedom active magnetic bearing system," Journal of the Franklin Institute-Engineering and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 356, 80-102, 2019.
5. Peng, C., J. Sun, X. Song, and J. Fang, "Frequency-varying current harmonics for active magnetic bearing via multiple resonant controllers," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 1, 517-526, Jan. 2017.
6. Gu, H., H. Zhu, and Y. Hua, "Soft sensing modeling of magnetic suspension rotor displacements based on continuous hidden Markov model," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 28, No. 3, 1-5, Apr. 2018.
7. Yu, J. and C. Zhu, "A multifrequency disturbances identification and suppression method for the self-sensing AMB rotor system," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 8, 6382-6392, Aug. 2018.
8. Zhang, W.-Y., H.-Q. Zhu, Z.-B. Yang, X.-D. Sun, and Y. Yuan, "Nonlinear model analysis and ``switching model'' of AC-DC three degree of freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 21, No. 2, 1102-1115, Apr. 2016.
9. Zhang, W.-Y., H.-K. Yang, L. Cheng, and H.-Q. Zhu, "Modeling based on exact segmentation of magnetic field for a centripetal force type-magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 9, 7691-7701, Sept. 2020.
10. Wang, S.-S., H.-Q. Zhu, M.-Y. Wu, and W.-Y. Zhang, "Active disturbance rejection decoupling control for three-degree-of-freedom six-pole active magnetic bearing based on BP neural network," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 30, No. 4, 1-5, Jun. 2020.
11. Ren, X.-J., M. Feng, and T.-M. Ren, "Design and optimization of a radial high-temperature superconducting magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 29, No. 2, 1-5, Mar. 2019.
12. Wu, H., C.-G. Xu, D.-G. Xiao, and J. Hao, "Magnetic field analysis and optimal design of magnetic bearing," 2009 International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, 1666-1670, Changchun, 2009.
13. Yamagishi, K., "Optimum design of integrated magnetic bearing using multiple HTS bulk units," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 29, No. 5, 1-5, Aug. 2019.
14. Zhu, R., W. Xu, C. Ye, J. Zhu, G. Lei, and X. Li, "Design optimization of a novel heteropolar radial hybrid magnetic bearing using magnetic circuit model," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 54, No. 3, 1-5, Mar. 2018.
15. Xu, B., L. Zhang, and W. Ji, "Improved non-singular fast terminal sliding mode control with disturbance observer for PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, 2021.
16. Zhu, H. and T. Liu, "Rotor displacement self-sensing modeling of six-pole radial hybrid magnetic bearing using improved particle swarm optimization support vector machine," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 11, 12296-12306, Nov. 2020.
17. Fernandes, J. F.-P., A. J. A. Costa, and J. Arnaud, "Optimization of a horizontal axis HTS ZFC levitation bearing using genetic decision algorithms over finite element results," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 30, No. 2, 1-8, Mar. 2020.
18. Saha, S. and M. Nabi, "Control of axial active magnetic bearing using reduced order model," 2019 8th International Conference on Modeling Simulation and Applied Optimization (ICMSAO), 1-5, Manama, Bahrain, 2019.
19. Safaeian, R. and H. Heydari, "Optimal design of passive permanent magnet bearings," 2019 27th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 458-463, Yazd, Iran, 2019.
20. Chen, Z., Z. Lin, C. Yue, and Y. Li, "Particle swarm optimized command filtered backstepping control for an active magnetic bearing system*," 2018 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA), 155-160, Wuyishan, China, 2018.
21. He, Y., X. He, J. Ma, and Y. Fang, "Optimization research on a switching power amplifier and a current control strategy of active magnetic bearing," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 34833-34841, 2020.
22. Han, B.-C., Q.-J. Xu, and Q. Yuan, "Multiobjective optimization of a combined radial-axial magnetic bearing for magnetically suspended compressor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 4, 2284-2293, Apr. 2016.
23. Chen, R., H. Li, and J. Tian, "The relationship between the number of poles and the bearing capacity of radial magnetic bearing," 2017 Chinese Automation Congress (CAC), 5553-5557, Jinan, 2017.
24. Quéval, L., G. G. Sotelo, and Y. Kharmiz, "Optimization of the superconducting linear magnetic bearing of a maglev vehicle," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 3, 1-5, Apr. 2016.
25. Cansiz, A., I. Yildizer, and D. T. McGuiness, "A case study for a superconducting magnetic bearing optimization," 2017 10th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ELECO), 1466-1470, Bursa, 2017.
26. Smirnov, A., N. Uzhegov, T. Sillanpää, J. Pyrhönen, and O. Pyrhönen, "High-speed electrical machine with active magnetic bearing system optimization," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 12, 9876-9885, Dec. 2017.
27. Liu, X. and B.-C. Han, "The multiobjective optimal design of a two-degree-of-freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, No. 9, 1-14, Sept. 2014.
28. Hua, Y.-Z., H.-Q. Zhu, M. Gao, and Z.-Y. Ji, "Multi-objective optimization design of permanent magnet assisted bearingless synchronous reluctance motor using NSGA-II," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 68, No. 11, 10477-10487, Nov. 2021.