A flux weakening (FW) control method of leading angle for a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) based on active disturbance rejection control (ADRC) is proposed to solve the problem of large fluctuation of speed, current, and torque in the control process. Firstly, according to the mathematical model of PMSM and its voltage and current constraints, the leading angle FW control algorithm is introduced. Then, according to the ADRC theory and the mathematical model of PMSM, the speed loop ADRC and current loop ADRC are constructed. The controller parameters are combined with the control bandwidth, and the parameter variation ranges are obtained by analyzing the stability of the control system. Finally, the proposed ADRC methods are combined with the leading angle FW control method to realize the ADRC leading angle FW control for PMSM, and the proposed method is verified on the experimental platform. The experimental results show that the proposed method has less speed, current, and torque fluctuations than the proportional integral (PI) controller method, which can effectively improve the motor control performance. At the same time, the controller parameters are combined with the bandwidth, which is convenient for practical engineering application.
2. Zhu, Y., Y. Bai, H. Wang, and L. Sun, "Sensorless control of permanent magnet synchronous motor based on T-S fuzzy inference algorithm fractional order sliding mode," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 105, 161-172, 2021.
3. Miguel-Espinar, C., D. Heredero-Peris, G. Gross, M. Llonch-Masachs, and D. Montesinos-Miracle, "Maximum torque per voltage flux-weakening strategy with speed limiter for PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 68, No. 10, 9254-9264, Oct. 2021.
4. Zhang, Z., C. Wang, M. Zhou, and X. You, "Flux-weakening in PMSM drives: Analysis of voltage angle control and the single current controller design," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 7, No. 1, 437-445, Mar. 2019.
5. Li, J., S. Ekanayake, M. F. Rahman, R. Dutta, X. Huang, J. Ma, and Y. Fang, "Deep flux weakening control with six-step overmodulation for a segmented interior permanent magnet synchronous motor," 2017 20th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, Aug. 2017.
6. Liu, Q. and K. Hameyer, "A deep field weakening control for the PMSM applying a modified overmodulation strategy," 8th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD), 1-6, Apr. 2016.
7. Wang, H., T. Wang, X. Zhang, and L. Guo, "Voltage feedback based flux-weakening control of IPMSMS with fuzzy-pi controller," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics62, Vol. 62, No. 1, 31-43, Jan. 2019.
8. Ding, D., G. Wang, N. Zhao, G. Zhang, and D. Xu, "Enhanced flux-weakening control method for reduced DC-link capacitance ipmsm drives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics,, Vol. 34, No. 8, 7788-7799, Aug. 2019.
9. Deng, T., Z. Su, J. Li, P. Tang, X. Chen, and P. Liu, "Advanced angle field weakening control strategy of permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 68, No. 4, 3424-3435, Apr. 2019.
10. Zhou, K., M. Ai, D. Sun, N. Jin, and X. Wu, "Field weakening operation control strategies of PMSM based on feedback linearization," Energies, Vol. 12, No. 23, 4526, Nov. 2019.
11. Trancho, E., E. Ibarra, A. Arias, I. Kortabarria, J. Jurgens, L. Marengo, A. Fricassè, and J. V. Gragger, "PM-assisted synchronous reluctance machine flux weakening control for EV and HEV applications," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 4, 2986-2995, Apr. 2018.
12. Jin, X., Y. Zeng, and D. Xu, "Novel PMSM field-weakening control method," IECON, 3744-3748, Oct. 2017.
13. Ekanayake, S., R. Dutta, and M. F. Rahman, "A modified single-current-regulator control scheme for deep flux-weakening operation of interior permanent magnet synchronous motors," The Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2624-2629, 2016.
14. Zhang, X., Z. Zhao, and C. Xu, "A flux-weakening method for pmsm based model predictive direct speed control," 2020 IEEE 9th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (IPEMC2020-ECCE Asia), 2557-2561, Nov. 2020.
15. Liu, J., C. Gong, Z. Han, and H. Yu, "IPMSM model predictive control in flux-weakening operation using an improved algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 12, 9378-9387, Dec. 2018.
16. Qu, L., W. Qiao, and L. Qu, "An enhanced linear active disturbance rejection rotor position sensorless control for permanent magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 6, 6175-6184, Jun. 2020.
17. Zuo, Y., X. Zhu, L. Quan, C. Zhang, Y. Du, and Z. Xiang, "Active disturbance rejection controller for speed control of electrical drives using phase-locking loop observer," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 66, No. 3, 1748-1759, Mar. 2019.