In this article, method of lines combined with pseudospectral discretization has extended to the analysis of the characteristics of open cylindrical substrate microstrip lines. Numerical results show that the combination benefits from the two methods and has higher efficiency and it is a powerful alternative analytic tool.
2. Singh, V., Y. K. Prajapati, and J. P. Saini, "Modal analysis and dispersion curves of a new unconventional bragg waveguide using a very simple method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 191-204, 2006.
3. Hernandez-Lopez, M. A. and M. Quintillan-Gonzalez, "A finite element method code to analyse waveguide dispersion," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 21, No. 3, 397-408, 2007.
4. Zhou, X. and G. W. Pan, "Application of physical spline finite element method (PSFEM) to fullwave analysis of waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 19-41, 2006.
5. Tang, M. and J. F. Mao, "Transient analysis of lossy nonuniform transmission lines using a time-step integration method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 257-266, 2007.
6. Pregla, R. and W. Pascher, "The method of lines," Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimeter-wave Passive Structures, T. Itoh (ed.), 381-446, Wiley, New York, 1989.
7. Chen, R. S. and D. G. Fang, "Analysis of the open microstrip lines by method of lines," International Journal of Microwave and Millimeter Wave CAD Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, 109-113, 1993.
8. Preglas, R., "MOL-BPM method of lines based beam propagation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 11, 51-102, 1995.
9. Pregla, R., "Higher order approximation for the difference operators in the method of lines," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 5, No. 2, 53-55, Feb. 1995.
10. Helfert, S. F., "Applying oblique coordinates in the method of lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 271-278, 2006.
11. Xu, Y., "Application of the method of lines to solve problems in cylindrical coordinates," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 1, No. 5, 173-175, July 1988.
12. Chen, R. S., D. G. Fang, and X. G. Li, "Analysis of open microstrip lines by MOL," International Journal of Microwave and Millimeter-wave Computer-aided Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, 109-113, 1993.
13. Xiao, S., et al., "Analysis of cylindrical transmission lines with the method of lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 44, No. 7, 993-999, July 1996.
14. Fornberg, B., A Practical Guide to Pseudospectral Methods, Cambridge University Press, 1996.
15. Chen, R. S., E. K. N. Yung, K. Wu, and Y. F. Han, "The generalized method of lines based on discretisation technique of pseudospectral method," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 20, No. 5, 249-254, 1999.
16. Chen, R. S., D. X. Wang, E. K. N. Yung, and K. Wu, "Analysis of three-dimensional MMIC by spectral-pseudospectral domain technique," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 31, No. 5, Dec. 5, 2001.
17. Chen, R. S., Z. H. Fan, E. K. N. Yung, and C. H. Chan, "Hybrid mode analysis of microstrip lines by the method of lines with pseudospectral discretization," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 35, No. 3, 224-227, 2002.
18. Sarkar, T., "Finite difference frequency-domain treatment of open transmission structures," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 38, 1609-1616, 1990.
19. Hofmann, H., "Relative convergence in mode-matching solutions of microstrip problems," Electronics LettersL, Vol. 10, No. 8, 126-127, 1974.