A novel planar omnidirectional array based on Quasi-Yagi antenna was proposed in this paper. The modeling of this antenna and design method based on equivalent circuits has been developed. An eight-unit planar array has been designed, fabricated and measured. Measured results exhibit good performance of the return loss and radiation pattern in horizontal plane. The gain of the array in horizontal plane was about 0 dBi. The un-roundness of the radiation pattern in horizontal plane was about 5 dB.
2. Brachat, P. and C. Sabatier, "Wideband omnidirectional microstrip array," Electronics Letters, Vol. 37, No. 1, 2-3, 2001.
3. Sevskiy, S. and W. Wiesbeck, Ultra-broadband omnidirectional printed dipole arrays, 2005 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 3A, 545-548, 2005.
4. Deal, W. R., N. Kaneda, J. Sor, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A new quasi-Yagi antenna for planar active antenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 48, No. 6, 910-918, 2000.
5. Weinmann, F., Planar 9-unit Quasi-Yagi antenna array for X-band application, The European Conference on Wireless Technology, 539-542, 2005.
6. Comino-Garcia, V., R. Casaleiz, E. Marquez-Segura, P. Otero, and C. Camacho-Penalosa, Balun effects in the Quasi-Yagi antenna, IEEE Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference, MELECON 2006, 320-323, 2006.
7. Kretly, L. C., C. E. Capovilla, and S. E. Barbin, A novel antenna array based on Quasi-Yagi unit for adaptive wireless system applications, Proceedings of the 2003 SBMO/IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and Optoelectronics Conference, IMOC 2003, Vol. 1, 307-311, 2003.
8. Zhong, L., B. Sun, J. Qiu, and N. Zhang, "Study of a circular disc monopole ultrawide-band miniature antenna," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 3, 326-330, 2008.
9. Liu, Y.-T. and C.-W. Su, "Wideband omnidirectional operation monopole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 255-261, 2008.
10. Hong, S., H. J. Lee, S. Lee, and J.-H. Choi, "A compact printed antenna with band-stop characteristic for UWB application," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 964-967, 2007.
11. Fan, Z., S. Qiao, J. Huangfu, and L. Ran, "A miniaturized 2.45 GHz RFID tag antenna using planar impedance transformer," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 951-954, 2007.
12. Rambabu, K., M. Ramesh, and A. T. Kalghatgi, "Broadband equivalent circuit of a dipole antenna," IEE Proceedings Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 146, No. 6, 391-393, 1999.