Full-duplex radio-over-fiber (ROF) transport systems based on distributed feedback laser diode (DFB LD) with main and -1 side modes injection-locked technique is proposed and demonstrated. Improved performances of bit error rate (BER) over a-40 km single-mode fiber (SMF) transmission for down-link, and over an-80 km SMF transmission for up-link were achieved. The characteristic of our proposed systems is the use of one DFB LD with main and -1 side modes injection-locked technique, it reveals a prominent alternative with better performances.
2. Oraizi, H. and S. Hosseinzadeh, "A novel marching algorithm for radio wave propagation modeling over rough surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 85-100, 2006.
3. Lin, C. T., J. Chen, P. C. Peng, C. F. Peng, W. R. Peng, B. S. Chiou, and S. Chi, "Hybrid optical access network integrating fiber-to-the-home and radio-over-fiber systems," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 19, 610-612, 2007.
4. Prat, J., M. C. Santos, and M. Omella, "Square root module to combat dispersion-induced nonlinear distortion in radio-over-fiber systems," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 18, 1928-1930, 2006.
5. Lu, H. H., A. S. Patra, W. J. Ho, P. C. Lai, and M. H. Shiu, "A full-duplex radio-over-fiber transport system based on FP laser diode with OBPF and optical circulator with fiber Bragg grating," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 20, 1652-1654, 2007.
6. Meng, X. J., T. Chau, and M. C. Wu, "Experimental demonstration of modulation bandwidth enhancement in distributed feedback lasers with external light injection," Electron. Lett., Vol. 34, 2031-2032, 1998.
7. Lee, S. H., J. M. Kang, I. H. Choi, and S. K. Han, "Linearization of DFB laser diode by external light-injected cross-gain modulation for radio-over-fiber link," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 18, 1545-1547, 2006.
8. Seo, J. H., Y. K. Seo, and W. Y. Choi, "Nonlinear distortion suppression in directly modulated distributed feedback lasers by sidemode optical injection locking," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 41, L136-L138, 2002.
9. Mohrdiek, S., H. Burkhard, and H. Walter, "Chirp reduction of directly modulated semiconductor lasers at 10 Gb/s by strong CW light injection," J. Lightwave Technol., Vol. 12, 418-424, 1994.
10. Hong, Y. and K. A. Shore, "Locking characteristics of a sidemode injected semiconductor laser," IEEE J. Quantum Electron., Vol. 35, 1713-1717, 1999.