This paper aims to complete a published systematic methodology for the design of ladder BAW filters in order to include the effect of the electrodes, since infinitely thin electrodes are assumed in this design methodology. The new procedure is validated against the work of other authors, finding very good agreement between results.
2. Lakin, K. M., "Thin film resonator technology," IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelect., Freq. Contr., Vol. 52, 707-716, 2005.
3. Menéndez, O., P. de Paco, R. Villarino, and J. Parrón, "Closed-form expressions for the design of ladder-type FBAR filters," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, 657-659, 2006.
4. Ylilammi, M., J. Ella, M. Partanen, and J. Kaitila, "Thin film bulk acoustic wave filter," Freq. Contr., Vol. 49, 535-539, 2002.
5. Kim, Y., K. Sunwoo, S. Sul, J. Lee, D. Kim, I. Song, S. Choa, and J. Yook, "Highly miniaturized RF bandpass filter based on thin-film bulk acoustic-wave resonator for 5-GHz-band application," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 54, 1218-1228, 2006.
6. Rosenbaum, J. F., Bulk Acoustic Wave Theory and Devices, Artech House, Boston/London, 1988.
7. Aigner, R., "Bringing BAW technology into volume production: The ten commandments and the seven deadly sins," 3rd International Symposium on Acoustic Wave Devices for Future Mobile Communication Systems, 2007.
8. Lakin, K. M., "Equivalent circuit modeling of stacked crystal filters," Proc. 35th Ann. Freq. Control Symposium, 257-262, 1981.
9. Lee, S., K. Yoon, and J. Lee, "Influence of electrode configurations on the quality factor and piezoelectric coupling constant of solidly mounted bulk acoustic wave resonators," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 92, 4062-4069, 2002.
10. Ella, J., "Filters and duplexers utilizing thin film stacked crystal filter structures and thin film bulk acoustic wave resonators,", United States Patent 5910756, 1999.
11. Mason, W. P., Physical Acoustics: Principles and Methods, Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York, 1964.