In this paper, a novel compact tri-band bandpass filter (BPF) with compact circuit size and high passband selectivity has been presented and implemented using multipath-embedded resonator (MER). This filter includes two multipath-embedded stepped impedance resonators (SIRs), connected with stub-coupling at the symmetric plane. By tuning admittance ratio and length ratio of the multipath-embedded resonator, it can be designed at 1.84, 2.45, 3.05 GHz. Through internal edge-coupling and extemal zero-degree feed lines, a tri-band BPF can be achieved with compact circuit size, high passband selectivity and low insertion loss. The measured results validate the full-wave EM simulated results with good agreement.
2. Chen, W.-Y., S.-J. Chang, M.-H. Weng, Y.-H. Su, and H. Kuan, "Simple method to design a tri-band bandpass filter using asymmetric SIRs for GSM, Wimax and WLAN applications," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 7, 1573-1576, Jul. 2011.
3. Li, J., S. S. Huang, and J. Z. Zhao, "Design of a compact and high selectivity tri-band bandpass filter using asymmetric stepped-impedance resonators (SIRs)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 44, 81-86, 2014.
4. Liu, H.-W., Y. Wang, X.-M. Wang, J.-H. Lei, and W.-Y. Xu, "Compact and High selectivity tri-band bandpass filter using multimode stepped-impedance resonator," IEEE Microwave. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 10, 536-538, Oct. 2013.
5. Chen, W.-Y., M.-H. Weng, and S.-J. Chang, "A new tri-band bandpass filter based on stub-loaded step-impedance resonator," IEEE Microwave. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, No. 4, 179-181, Apr. 2012.
6. Lai, X., C.-H. Liang, H. Di, and B. Wu, "Design of tri-band lter based on stub loaded resonator and DGS resonator," IEEE Microwave. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 5, 265-267, May 2010.
7. Zhang, X. Y., L. Gao, Z. Y. Cai, and X. L. Zhao, "Novel tri-band bandpass filter using stub-loaded short-ended resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 40, 81-92, 2013.
8. Luo, S., L. Zhu, and S. Sun, "Compact dual-mode triple-band bandpass filters using three pairs of degenerate modes in a ring resonator," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 59, No. 5, 1222-1229, May 2011.
9. Chang, F.-C. and Q.-X. Chu, "Design of compact tri-band bandpass filter using assembled resonators," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 57, No. 1, 165-171, Jan. 2009.
10. Peng, Y., L. Zhang, Y. Leng, and J. Guan, "A compact tri-band passband filter based on three embedded bending stub resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 37, 189-197, 2013.
11. Zhang, Q., B.-Z. Wang, W.-Y. Yin, and L.-S. Wu, "Design of a miniaturized dual-band double-folded substrate integrated waveguide bandpass filter with controllable bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 211-223, 2013.
12. Zhou, C., Y.-X. Guo, L. Wang, and W. Wu, "Design of compact dual-band filter in multilayer LTCC with cross coupling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 515-525, 2013.
13. Yeo, K. S. K. and A. O. Nwajana, "A novel microstrip dual-band bandpass filter using dual-mode square patch resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 36, 233-247, 2013.
14. Deng, K., S. Yang, S.-J. Sun, B. Wu, and X.-W. Shi, "Dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter based on square loop resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 37, 119-130, 2013.
15. Xu, H.-X., G.-M. Wang, Q. Peng, and J.-G. Liang, "Novel design of tri-band bandpass filter based on fractal shaped geometry of complementary single split ring resonator," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 98, No. 5, 647-654, May 2011.
16. Xu, H.-X., G.-M. Wang, and J.-G. Liang, "Novel designed CSRRs and its application in tunable tri-band bandpass filter based on fractal geometry," Radioengineering, Vol. 20, No. 1, 312-316, Apr. 2011.
17. Yang, S., L. Lei, J.-Z. Chen, K. Deng, and C.-H. Liang, "Design of compact dual-band bandpass filter using dual-mode stepped- impedance stub resonators," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 8, 611-613, Apr. 10, 2014.
18. Tsai, C.-M. and S.-Y. Lee, "Performance of a planar filter using a 0˚ feed structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 50, No. 10, 2362-2367, Oct. 2002.
19. IE3D Simulator Zeland Software, Inc., , 2002.