A high selectivity wideband balun bandpass filter based on substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) and complementary split rings resonators (CSRRs) is proposed. 180° reverse phase characteristic between the two output ports can be easily realized by the multi-layer SIW power divider. Eight complementary split rings resonators are used to achieve the sharp rejection upper stopband. The proposed wideband balun filter exhibits a fractional bandwidth of 37% centered at 9.45 GHz and amplitude and phase imbalance less than 0.5 dB and 1°.
2. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Integrated microstrip and rectangular waveguide in planar form," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 11, 68-70, 2001.
3. Che, W. Q., K. Deng, D. P. Wang, L. Xu, and Y. L. Chow, "Analytical equivalence between substrate-integrated waveguide (SIW) and rectangular waveguide," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 2, 35-41, 2008.
4. Cheng, Y., W. Hong, and K. Wu, "Half mode substrate integrated waveguide (HMSIW) directional filter," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, 504-506, 2007.
5. Che, W. Q., B. Fu, P. Yao, Y. L. Chow, and E. K. N. Yung, "A compact substrate integrated waveguide H-plane horn antenna with dielectric arc lens: Research articles," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput.-Aided Eng., Vol. 17, 473-479, 2007.
6. Han, L., K. Wu, and S. Winkler, "Singly balanced mixer using substrate integrated waveguide magic-T structure," Proceedings European Wireless Technology Conference, 9-12, 2008.
7. Song, K. J., Y. Fan, and Y. Zhang, "Eight-way substrate integrated waveguide power divider with low insertion loss," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 56, 1473-1477, 2008.
8. Hong, W., B. Liu, Y. Q. Wang, Q. H. Lai, and K. Wu, "Half mode substrate integrated waveguide: A new guided wave structure for microwave and millimeter wave application," Proc. Joint 31st Int. Conf. Infrared Millim. Waves 14th Int. Conf. Terahertz Electron., 219, Shanghai, China, Sep. 18–22, 2006.
9. Che, W. Q., L. Geng, K. Deng, and Y. L. Chow, "Analysis and experiments of compact folded substrate-integrated waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 51, 88-93, 2008.
10. Feng, W., Q. Xue, and W. Che, "Compact planar magic-T based on the double-sided parallel-strip line and the slotline coupling," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 58, 2915-2923, 2010.
11. Feng, W. J. and W. Q. Che, "Wideband balun bandpass filter based on a differential circuit," 2012 International Microwave Symposium, 1-3, Baltimore, Montr´eal, Canada, 2012.
12. Li, J. L., S. W. Qu, and Q. Xue, "Miniaturised branch-line balun with bandwidth enhancement," IET Electron. Lett., Vol. 43, 931-932, 2007.
13. Xu, H. X., G. M. Wang, C. X. Zhang, and T. P. Li, "Broadband balun using fully artificial fractal-shaped composite right/left handed transmission line," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, 16-18, 2012.
14. Zhang, Z. Y. and K. Wu, "A broadband substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) planar balun," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, 843-845, 2007.
15. Wu, L. S., Y. X. Guo, J. F. Mao, and W. Y. Yin, "Design of a substrate integrated waveguide balun filter based on three-port coupled-resonator circuit model," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, 252-254, 2011.
16. Hui, J. N., W. J. Feng, and W. Q. Che, "Balun bandpass filter based on multilayer substrate integrated waveguide power divider," IET Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, 571-572, 2012.
17. Feng, W. J., W. Q. Che, and K. Deng, "Compact planar magic-T using E-plane substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, 331-333, 2010.
18. Falcone, F., et al., "Effective negative-stop-band microstrip lines based on complementary split ring resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, 280-282, 2004.
19. Gil, I., J. Bonache, M. Gil, J. Garcıa-Garcıa, F. Martın, and R. Marques, "Accurate circuit analysis of resonant type left handed transmission lines with inter-resonator’s coupling," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 100, 1-10, 2006.