A novel triple-band filter using triple-mode substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) resonator is presented in this paper. The proposed resonator consists of a square cavity with two additional metallic vias that split the first pair of degenerate modes (TE201 and TE102) at the diagonal of the cavity. Triple-band response is achieved by TE101, TE201 and TE102. The center frequencies of the first band and the third band can be controlled by appropriately adjusting the location of perturbation vias, while the second band keeps almost unchanged. A two-pole triple-band filter with two transmission zeros utilizing the coupled triple mode cavity resonators is designed and fabricated. The measured results agree very well with the simulated ones.
2. Weng, M. H., C. H. Kao, and Y. C. Chang, "A compact dual-band bandpass filter with high band selectivity using cross-coupled asymmetric SIRs for WLANs," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2-3, 161-168, 2010.
3. Hu, J. P., et al., "A new wideband triple-band filter using SIR," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 16, 2287-2295, 2011.
4. Chen, Z.-X., D. Li, and C.-H. Liang, "Novel dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using double square-loop structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 409-416, 2007.
5. Amari, S. and U. Rosenberg, "New in-line dual-and triple-mode cavity filters with nonresonating nodes," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 4, 1272-1279, 2005.
6. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Integrated microstrip and rectangular waveguide in planar form," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, No. 2, 68-70, 2001.
7. Zhang, L., et al., "Novel substrate integrated waveguide cavity filter with defected ground structure," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 4, 1280-1287, 2005.
8. Deslandes, D. and K.Wu, "Substrate integrated waveguide dual-mode filters for broadband wireless systems," Proceedings IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, 2003, RAWCON'03, 385-388, 2003.
9. Huang, T. H., et al., "Simple method for a K-band SIW filter with dual-mode quasi-elliptic function response," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 6, 1246-1249, 2007.
10. Shigeki, F., "Waveguide line,", Japan Patent, 06-053, 1994.
11. Uchimura, H., T. Takenoshita, and M. Fujii, "Development of a `laminated waveguide'," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 46, No. 12, 2438-2443, 1998.
12. Chang, C. Y. and W. C. Hsu, "Novel planar, square-shaped, dielectric-waveguide, single-, and dual-mode filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 11, 2527-2536, 2002.
13. Shen, W., et al., "A novel single-cavity dual mode substrate integrated waveguide filter with non-resonating node," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 6, 368-370, 2009.
14. Dong, Y., et al., "Millimeter-wave dual-mode filter using circular high-order mode cavities," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 7, 1743-1745, 2009.
15. Li, R. Q., X. H. Tang, and F. Xiao, "Substrate integrated waveguide dual-mode filter using slot lines perturbation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 12, 845-846, 2010.