In this paper, a filtering antenna using a dual-mode resonator is presented. The rectangular patch performs not only as a radiator, but also as the last resonator of the bandpass filter. The dual-mode resonator works together with the patch antenna to form a third order bandpass filter with Chebyshev responses. The filtering antenna exhibits good performance, such as skirt selectivity, flat gain within the passband, and high out-of-band suppression.
2. Lee, J.-H., et al., "Fully integrated passive front-end solutions for a V-band LTCC wireless system," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, 285-288, 2007.
3. Wu, C.-H., et al., "Balanced-to unbalanced bandpass filters and the antenna applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, No. 11, 2474-2482, 2008.
4. Luo, G. Q., et al., "Filtenna consisting of horn antenna and substrate integrated waveguide cavity FSS," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 1, 92-98, 2007.
5. Queudet, F., et al., "Study of a leaky waveguide for the design of filtering antennas," 33rd European Microwave Conference, 2003, 943-946, 2003.
6. Froppier, B., et al., "Integration of a filtering function in an electromagnetic horn," 33rd European Microwave Conference, 2003, 939-942, 2003.
7. Chuang, C.-T. and S.-J. Chung, "Synthesis and design of a new printed filtering antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 3, 1036-1042, 2011.
8. Chen, X., et al., "A compact filtering antenna with flat gain response within the passband," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 857-860, 2013.
9. Lin, C.-K. and S.-J. Chung, "A compact simple structured filtering antenna utilizing filter synthesis technique," Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), 1573-1576, 2010.
10. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filter for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA, 2001.