This letter presents a novel differential filtenna for microwave systems at 2.4 GHz on planar technology. This filtenna exhibits 5% bandwidth with a 3-pole Chebyshev response. The filtenna uses a square patch as radiating element combined with λ/2 resonators. Experimental and simulated return losses are presented with good agreement. Moreover, the experimental common and differential mode radiation patterns are presented showing an attenuation greater than 15 dB for the common mode.
2. Colin-Beltran, E., E., A. Corona-Chavez, T. Itoh, and J. E. Mendoza-Torres, "Circular aperture slot antenna with common-mode rejection filter based on defected ground structures for broad band," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 5, 2425-31, May 2013.
3. Li, L. and G. Liu, "A differential microstrip antenna with filtering response," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1983-6, 2016.
4. Cavallo, D., S. Savoia, G. Gerini, A. Neto, and V. Galdi, "Design of a low-profile printed array of loaded dipoles with inherent frequency selectivity properties," Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 807-811, IEEE, 2011.
5. Mansour, G., M. J. Lancaster, P. S. Hall, P. Gardner, and E. Nugoolcharoenlap, "Design of filtering microstrip antenna using filter synthesis approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 145, 59-67, 2014.
6. Wu, W.-J., Y.-Z. Yin, S.-L. Zuo, Z.-Y. Zhang, and J.-J. Xie, "A new compact filter-antenna for modern wireless communication systems," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1131-1134, 2011.
7. Escobar, A. H., J. A. V. Tirado, J. C. C. Gomez, J. M. Mateu, E. R. Cantenys, and J. L. V. Gonzalez, "Filtenna integration achieving ideal Chebyshev return losses," Radioengineering, Vol. 23, No. 1, 362-368, 2014.
8. G.-Shiue, G.-H., J.-H. Shiu, and P.-W. Chiu, "Analysis and design of crosstalk noise reduction for coupled striplines inserted guard trace with an open-stub on time-domain in high-speed digital circuits," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 1, No. 10, 1573-1582, 2011.
9. Kaur, M., S. Kakar, and D. Mandal, "Electromagnetic interference," Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Electronics Computer Technology, Vol. 4, 1-5, Apr. 2011.
10. Bogatin, E., Signal Integrity-Simplified ser. Modern Semiconductor Design Series, Englewood Cliffs, Prentice Hall, NJ, USA, 2004.
11. Li, X. B., M. J. Zhao, Z. H. Wu, and B. Li, "A high-linearity fully-differential mixer," Proceedings of the International Conference of Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC), 1-2, 2011.
12. Zeng, H. Y., G. M. Wang, D. Z. Wei, and Y. W. Wang, "Planar diplexer using composite right-/left-handed transmission line under balanced condition," Electron Lett., Vol. 48, 104-106, 2012.
13. Wadefalk, N., P. S. Kildal, and H. Zirath, "A low noise integrated 0.3-16 GHz differential amplifier for balanced ultra wideband antennas," Proceedings of the IEEE Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium (CSICS), 1-4, 2010.
14. Arbelaez, N. A., C. J. L. Olvera, P. J. A. Escobar, and C. A. Corona, "A novel via-free microstrip balanced-to-balanced diplexer for narrow-band applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 3, 567-70, Mar. 1, 2015.
15. Arbelaez-Nieto, A., A. Corona-Chavez, J. L. Olvera-Cervantes, and C. E. Saavedra, "Active CMOS differential filter with +3.5 dBm IP 1 dB and +12.3 dBm IIP 3," Microwave Conference (LAMC), IEEE MTT-S Latin America, 1-3, IEEE, Dec. 12, 2016.
16. Li, L. and G. Liu, "A differential microstrip antenna with filtering response," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 2016.
17. Hu, H.-T., F.-C. Chen, J.-F. Qian, and Q.-X. Chu, "A differential filtering microstrip antenna array with intrinsic common-mode rejection," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 12, Dec. 2017.
18. Chen, X., B. Li, M. Zhang, and X.-Q. Sheng, "A novel deferentially fed microstrip integrated-antenna-filter," IEEE International Conference on Microwave Technology and Computational Electromagnetics, 134-136, 2013.
19. Matthaei, G. L., L. Young, and E. M. Jones, "Design of microwave filters, impedance-matching networks, and coupling structures,", Vol. 2, Stanford Research Inst Menlo Park CA, 1963.
20. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Apr. 7, 2004.
21. Alonso, C.-C., J. L. Olvera-Cervantes, and C. E. Saavedra, "Balanced filter with parallel resonances for very wide band common mode rejection," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 29, No. 8, 1060-1067, 2015.
22. Sonnet EM Full-Wave Simulator, v. 11.54, , Sonnet Software Inc., NY, USA.
23. Arbelaez-Nieto, A., E. Cruz-Perez, J. L. Olvera-Cervantes, A. Corona-Chavez, and H. Lobato-Morales, "The perfect balance-a design procedure for balanced bandpass filters [application notes]," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 10, 54-65, USA, Nov. 2015.
24. Keysight Fieldfox N9917A, .