Old susceptibility data, measured in superconducting materials at low-frequency, are shown to be accounted for consistently within the framework of a recently published  analysis of the skin effect. Their main merit is to emphasize the significance of the skin-depth measurements, performed just beneath the critical temperature Tc, in order to disprove an assumption, which thwarted any understanding of the skin-depth data, achieved so far by conventional high-frequency methods, so that those data might, from now on, give access to the temperature dependence of the concentration of superconducting electrons.
2. Maxwell, E. and M. Strongin, "Filamentary structure in superconductors," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 212, 10, 1963.
3. Strongin, M. and E. Maxwell, "Complex ac susceptibility of some superconducting alloys," Phys. Lett., Vol. 49, 6, 1963.
4. Khoder, A. F., "The superconducting transition and the behavior of the ac susceptibility," Phys. Lett. A, Vol. 94, 378, 1983.
5. Bardeen, J., L. N. Cooper, and J. R. Schrieffer, "Theory of superconductivity," Phys. Rev., Vol. 108, 1175, 1957.
6. Schrieffer, J. R., Theory of Superconductivity, Addison-Wesley, 1993.
7. Geshkenbein, V. B., et al., "Ac absorption in the high-Tc superconductors: Reinterpretation of the irreversibility line," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 43, 3748, 1991.
8. Samarappuli, S., et al., "Comparative study of AC susceptibility and resistivity of a superconducting YBa2Cu3O7 single crystal in a magnetic field," Physica C, Vol. 201, 159, 1992.
9. Jackson, J. D., Classical Electrodynamics, John Wiley, 1998.
10. Born, M. and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
11. Pippard, A. B., "The surface impedance of superconductors and normal metals at high frequencies," Proc. Roy. Soc. A, Vol. 203, 98, 1950.
12. Hashimoto, K., et al., "Microwave penetration depth and quasiparticle conductivity of PrFeAsO1-y single crystals: Evidence for a full-gap superconductor," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 102, 017002, 2009.
13. Hashimoto, K., et al., "Microwave surface-impedance measurements of the magnetic penetration depth in single crystal Ba1-xKxFe2As2 superconductors: Evidence for a disorder-dependent superfluid density," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 102, 207001, 2009.
14. London, F., Superfluids, Vol. 1, Wiley, 1950.
15. Szeftel, J., N. Sandeau, and A. Khater, "Comparative study of the Meissner and skin effects in superconductors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 69, 69-76, 2018.
16. Tinkham, M., Introduction to Superconductivity, Dover Books, 2004.
17. Ashcroft, N. W. and N. D. Mermin, Solid State Physics, Saunders College, 1976.