An eight-element ultra-wideband multiple-input multiple-output antenna system is proposed for the 5G mobile terminals. Each radiating branch is composed of a Loop and a monopole antenna. The ultra-wideband characteristics of the antenna are obtained by a T-shaped feed branch coupling a radiation branch. Furthermore, the isolation is lower than -15 dB by introducing a T-shaped neutralization line structure. The results of simulation and measurement show that the antenna system can cover 3.3-5.6 GHz, and the antenna efficiency is 45%-80%. At the same time, the envelope correlation coefficient between any two elements is lower than 0.03. Therefore,the proposed antenna in this study is very suitable for the eight-element MIMO antenna system as a reference.
2. Abdullah, M., S. H. Kiani, and A. Iqbal, "Eight element multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) antenna for 5G mobile applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 134488-134495, 2019 (Antenna and Propagation for 5G and Beyond).
3. Hu, W., L. Qian, S. Gao, L.-H. Wen, and W. Wang, "Dual-band eight-element MIMO array using multi-slot decoupling technique for 5G terminals," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 2019.
4. Deng, J.-Y., J. Yao, D.-Q. Sun, and L.-X. Guo, "Ten-element MIMO antenna for 5G terminals," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, 2018.
5. Jensen, M. and J. Wallace, "A review of antennas and propagation for MIMO wireless communications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 11, 2810-2824, 2004.
6. Parchin, N. O., Y. I. A. Al-Yasir, A. H. Ali, I. Elfergani, J. M. Noras, J. Rodriguez, and R. A. Abd-Alhameed, "Eight-element dual-polarized MIMO slot antenna system for 5G smartphone applications," IEEE Access, 15612-15622, 2019.
7. Huang, D., Z. Du, and Y. Wang, "Slot antenna array for fifth generation metal frame mobile phone applications," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 9, e21841.1-e21841.9, 2019.
8. Liu, D. Q., M. Zhang, H. J. Luo, H. L. Wen, and J. Wang, "Dual-band platform-free pifa for 5G MIMO application of mobile devices," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, 6328-6333, 2018.
9. Ren, Z., S. Wu, and A. Zhao, "Triple band MIMO antenna system for 5G mobile terminals," 2019 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT), 163-165, 2019.
10. Zhao, A. and Z. Ren, "Wideband MIMO antenna systems based on coupled-loop antenna for 5G n77n78n79 applications in mobile terminals," IEEE Access, Vol. PP, No. 99, 1-1, 2019.
11. Alieldin, A., Y. Huang, M. Stanley, S. D. Joseph, and D. Lei, "A 5G MIMO antenna for broadcast and traffic communication topologies based on pseudo inverse synthesis," IEEE Access, 2018.
12. Zhao, A., Z. Ren, and S. Wu, "Broadband MIMO antenna system for 5G operations in mobile phones," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 10, 2019.
13. Li, Y., C. Y. D. Sim, Y. Luo, and G. Yang, "Multi-band 10-antenna array for sub-6GHz MIMO applications in 5G smartphones," IEEE Access, 1-1, 2018.
14. Ren, Z., A. Zhao, and S. Wu, "MIMO antenna with compact decoupled antenna pairs for 5G mobile terminals," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. PP, 1-1, 2019.
15. Sun, L., H. Feng, Y. Li, and Z. Zhang, "Compact 5G MIMO mobile phone antennas with tightly arranged orthogonal-mode pairs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 11, 6364-6369, 2018.