A novel wide beamwidth microstrip patch antenna fed by a 1:5 unequal Wilkinson power divider with a low profile of 0.027λ0 is presented. A circular patch and an independent feeding concentric metal ring can realize the broad half-power beamwidth (HPBW) in the far field. A 1:5 unequal Wilkinson power divider is designed as the antenna feed. The HPBWs of the antenna reach 258° and 267° in XZ-plane and YZ-plane, respectively, covering the whole upper half space at central frequency (2.54 GHz). The results of simulation and measurement show great consistency.
2. Li, J., H. Shi, H. Li, and A. Zhang, "Quad-band probe-fed stacked annular patch antenna for GNSS applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 372-375, 2014.
3. Li, J., H. Huo, J. Chen, S. Zhu, H. Shi, and A. Zhang, "Miniaturised articial magnetic conductor and its application in unidirectional circularly-polarized slot antenna design," IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 12, 1885-1889, 2018.
4. Yang, K. P. and K. L. Wong, "Dual-band circularly-polarized square microstrip antenna,", Vol. 9, 377-382, 2001.
5. Liao, W. and Q.-X. Chu, "Dual-band circularly polarized microstrip antenna with small frequency ratio," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 15, 145-152, 2010.
6. Yang, W. J., Y. M. Pan, and S. Y. Zheng, "A low-prole wideband circularly polarized crossed- dipole antenna with wide axial-ratio and gain beamwidths," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 66, 3346-3353, 2018.
7. Pan, Z. K., W. X. Lin, and Q. X. Chu, "Compact wide-beam circularly polarized patch antenna with a parasitic ring for CNSS application," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, 2847-2850, 2014.
8. Patel, R. and K. J. Han, "Utilization of higher-mode resonance in broadening the E-plane HPBW of printed antenna for automotive radar application," 2015 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT), 330-332, Seoul, 2015.
9. Chen, L., T. L. Zhang, C.Wang, and X. W. Shi, "Wideband circularly polarized microstrip antenna with wide beamwidth," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 1577-1580, 2014.
10. Jorgensen, E., B. K. Nielsen, O. Breinbjerg, and M. Lumholt, "A cavity backed crossed-slot antenna element for an S-band circular polarization spherical coverage satellite antenna system," Proc. Int. Symp. Antennas Propag., Vol. 1, 361-364, Fukuoka, Japan, 2001.
11. Bao, X. L. and M. J. Ammannt, "Dual-frequency dual circular-polarized patch antenna with wide beamwidth," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, 1233-1234, 2008.
12. Shi, H., J. Shi, J. Li, J. Chen, Z. Li, and S. Zhu, "Miniaturized circularly polarized patch antenna using coupled shorting strip and capacitive probe feed," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 98, 140-235, 2019.
13. Sheng, X., J. Li, H. Huo, J. Chen, and A. Zhang, "Low prole unequally dual-feed circularly polarized patch antenna with a wide beamwidth," 2019 International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), 1-3, Guangzhou, China, 2019.