A novel transition structure based on Substrate Integrated Circular Cavity (SICC) is proposed in this paper. The design approach has been developed for transition designing in other operating frequency. Good performance of flexibility and S-parameters were observed for the new transition structure. Different design tools were used to validate the design method.
2. Nedil, M. and T. A. Denidni, "Ultra-wideband back-to-back CBCPW-to-CBCPW transition," Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, No. 12, 677-678, 2007.
3. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Integrated microstrip and rectangular waveguide in planar form," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, No. 2, 68-70, 2001.
4. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Analysis and design of current probe transition from grounded coplanar to substrate integrated rectangular waveguides," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 8, 2487-2494, 2005.
5. Suntives, A. and R. Abhari, "Transition structures for 3-D integration of substrate integrated waveguide interconnects," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 10, 697-699, 2007.
6. Kangasvieri, T., J. Halme, J. Vahakangas, and M. Lahti, "Ultra-wideband shielded vertical via transitions from DC up to the V-band," European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, 476-479, 2006.
7. Swierczynski, T., D. A. McNamara, and M. Clenet, "Via-walled cavities as vertical transitions in multilayer millimetre-wave circuits," Electronics Letters, Vol. 39, No. 25, 1829-1831, 2003.
8. Potelon, B., J.-C. Bohorquez, J.-F. Favennec, C. Quendo, E. Rius, and C. Person, "Design of Ku-band filter based on substrate-integrated circular cavities (SICCs)," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 1237-1240, 2006.
9. El-Tager, A., J. Bray, and L. Roy, "High-Q LTCC resonators for millimeter wave applications," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 3, 2257-2260, 2003.
10. El-Tager, A. and L. Roy, "Novel cylindrical high-Q LTCC resonators for millimeter wave applications," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, 637-640, 2004.
11. Cassivi, Y., et al., "Low-cost and high-Q millimeter-wave resonator using substrate integrated waveguide technique," Proc. 32nd European Microwave Conf., Milan, Italy, Sep. 2002.
12. Tang, H. J., W. Hong, Z. C. Hao, J. X. Chen, and K. Wu, "Optimal design of compact millimeter-wave SIW circular cavity filter ," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 19, 1068-1069, Sep. 2005.
13. Tang, H. J., W. Hong, J. X. Chen, G. Q. Luo, and K. Wu, "Development of millimeter-wave planar diplexers based on complementary characters of dual-mode substrate integrated waveguide filters with circular and elliptic cavities ," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 4, 776-782, Apr. 2007.
14. Potelon, B., J.-F. Favennec, C. Quendo, E. Rius, C. Person, and J.-C. Bohorquez, "Design of a substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filter using a novel topology of coupling," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 9, 596-598, 2008.
15. Valois, R., et al., "High performances of shielded LTCC vertical transitions from DC up to 50 GHz," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 6, Jun. 2005.
16. Lee, J.-H., S. Pinel, J. Papapolymerou, J. Laskar, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Low loss LTCC cavity filters using system-on-package technology at 60 GHz ," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 12, Dec. 2005.
17. Eldek, A. A., "Wideband 180◦ phase shifter using microstrip-CPW-microstrip transition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 177-187, 2008.
18. El Sabbagh, M. A., H.-T. Hsu, and K. A. Zaki, "Stripline transition to ridge waveguide bandpass filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 29-53, 2003.
19. Lee, Y. C., "CPW-to-stripline vertical via transitions for 60 GHz LTCC SOP applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 37-44, 2008.