A novel feed network for microstrip antenna array is presented. By using the novel feeding structure, a high-performance Ku-band antenna is designed and fabricated. The 32 elements of the array are arranged in a 2-by-16 configuration. The measured peak gain at centre frequency is 22.93 dBi with an aperture efficiency of 70.5%. The antenna has less than -15 dB return loss and less than -12.3 dB SLL from 11.75 GHz-12.75 GHz.
2. Yuan, T., N. Yuan, L.-W. Li, and M.-S. Leong, "Design and analysis of phased antenna array with low sidelobe by fast algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 131-147, 2008.
3. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Improving the performance of an antenna array by using radar absorbing cover," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 129-138, 2008.
4. Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M., "Novel ku band fan beam reflector back array antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 95-103, 2008.
5. Busuioc, D., A. Borji, M. Shahabadi, and S. Safavi-Naeini, "High efficiency antenna array with optimized corporate hybrid feed," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 1503-1506, July 9-14, 2006.
6. Horng, T.-S. and N. G. Alexopoulos, "Corporate feed design for microstrip arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 41, No. 12, 1615-1624, 1993.
7. Fu, Y. Q., Q. R. Zheng, Q. Gao, and G. H. Zhang, "Mutual coupling reduction between large antenna array using electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structures ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 6, 819-825, 2006.
8. He, Q.-Q. and B.-Z. Wang, "Design of microstrip array antenna by using active element pattern technique combining with taylor synthesis method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 63-76, 2008.
9. Splitt, G. and M. Davidovitz, "Guidelines for design of electromagnetically coupled microstrippatch antennas on two-layer substrates," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 38, No. 7, 1136-1140, 1990.
10. Jarchi, S., J. Rashed-Mohassel, and M. H. Neshati, "Mutual coupling of rectangular DRA in four element circular array," Progress In Electromagnetics Resarch Symposium 2007, 2000-2004, Beijing, China, March 26-30, 2007.
11. Levine, E., G. Malamud, S. Shtrikman, and D. Treves, "A study of microstrip array antennas with the feed network," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 37, No. 4, 426-434, 1989.
12. Lu, K. H. and T.-N. Chan, "Circularly polarized array antenna with corporate-feed network and series-feed elements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 10, 3288-3292, 2005.
13. Gray, D. P., C. B. Ravipati, and L. Shafai, "Corporate fed microstrip arrays with non radiating edge fed microstrip patches," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 1998, 1130-1133, June 21-26, 1998.
14. Cui, B., C. Wang, and X.-W. Sun, "Microstrip array double-antenna (MADA) technology applied in millimeter wave compact radar front-end," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 125-136, 2006.