The echo signal characteristic of a chirp pulse train from a moving target is analyzed. It is pointed out that the range migration is caused by the migration exponential item (MEI) and can be compensated by removing the MEI. On this basis, we proposed a new practical compensation method with little computation burden through shifting control on the matching weight coefficients. The parasitical sidelobes due to the quantization effect can be restrained effectively by storing multi-groups of weight. Simulation results proved the availability of the method.
2. Lim, T. S., V. C. Koo, H. T. Ewe, and H. T. Chuah, "A SAR autofocus algorithm based on particle swarm optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 159-176, 2008.
3. Park, S. H., H. T. Kim, and K. T. Kim, "Stepped-frequency ISAR motion compensation using particle swarm optimization with an island model," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 25-37, 2008.
4. Chen, C. C. and H. C. Andrews, "Targets motion induced radar imaging," IEEE Trans. on Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 16, No. 1, 2-14, 1980.
5. Delisle, G. Y. and H. Wu, "Moving target imaging and trajectory computation using ISAR," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 30, No. 3, 887-899, 1994.
6. Perry, R. P., R. C. Dipietro, and R. L. Fante, "SAR imaging of moving targets," IEEE Trans. on Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 35, No. 1, 188-200, 1999.
7. Perry, R. P., R. C. Dipietro, and R. L. Fante, Coherent integration with range migration using keystone formatting, 2007 IEEE Radar Conference, 863-868, 2007.
8. Wang, J., S. H. Zhang, and Z. Bao, On motion compensation for weak radar reflected signal detection, 6th International Conference on Signal Processing, Vol. 2, 1445-1448, 2002.
9. Chen, Y. Z., Y. F. Zhu, H. Z. Zhao, and Q. Fu, "Detection algorithm research of high velocity moving target based on the envelope interpolation," Signal Processing (China), Vol. 20, No. 4, 387-390, 2004.
10. Ding, L. F. and F. L. Geng, Radar Principle, Xidian University Publishing House, Xi'an, China, 2002.
11. Skolnik, M. I., Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1990.