This work deals with the inverse source problem starting from the knowledge of the radiated field in the near field zone. The inverse problem is stated as the inversion of a linear integral equation and the Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) is exploited as an analysis and inversion tool. In particular, here, we deal with a 2D geometry and aim at comparing the features of the inverse problem in dependence on the nature of the source (electric or magnetic).
2. Solimene, R. and R. Pierri, "Number of degrees of freedom of the radiated field over multiple bounded domains," Opt. Lett., Vol. 32, 3113-3115, 2007.
3. Bucci, O. M., C. Gennarelli, G. Riccio, and C. Savarese, "Sampling representation of electromagnetic fields over three-dimensional domains," Radio Science, Vol. 34, 567-574, 1999.
4. Sten, J. C.-E. and E. A. Marengo, "Inverse source problem in an oblate spheroidal geometry," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, 3418-3428, 2006.
5. Soldovieri, F., C. Mola, R. Solimene, and R. Pierri, "Inverse source problem from the knowledge of radiated field over multiple rectilinear domains," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 8, 131-141, 2009.
6. Bertero, M. and P. Boccacci, Introduction to Inverse Problems in Imaging, Institute of Physics, Bristol, UK, 1998.
7. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, Publishers, Inc., New York, 1989.
8. Bertero, M., C. de Mol, and G. A. Viano, "The stability of inverse problems, in inverse scattering problems," Optics, H. P. Baltes (ed.), Topics in Current Physics, Vol. 20, 161-214, Springer, Berlin, 1980.
9. Leone, G. and F. Soldovieri, "Analysis of the distorted Born approximation for subsurface reconstruction: Truncation and uncertainties effect," IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 41, No. 1, 66-74, Jan. 2003.
10. Persico, R., G. Alberti, G. Esposito, G. Leone, and F. Soldovieri, "On multifrequency strategies of use of G.P.R. systems," Proc. of SPIE, Vol. 4123, Image Reconstruction from Incomplete Data, San Diego, USA, Aug. 2000.
11. Persico, R., "On the role of measurement configuration in contactless GPR data processing by means of linear inverse scattering," IEEE Trans. Ant. Prop., Vol. 54, No. 7, 2062-2071, Jun. 2006.