The classical problem for diffraction of a plane wave with an arbitrarily oriented wave vector at a strip is considered asymptotically by Wiener-Hopf method. The boundary-value problem has been broken down into distinct Dirichlet and Neumann problems. Each of these boundary-value problems is consecutively solved by a reduction to a system of singular boundary integral equations and then to a system of Fredholm integral ones of second kind. They are solved effectively by a reduction to a system of linear algebraic equations with the help of the etalon integral and the saddle point method.
2. Born, M. and E. Wolf, "Principles of Optics," Pergamon, Oxford, 1969.
3. Honl, H. , A. W. Maue, and K. Westpfahl, Theorie der Beugung, Springer, Berlin, 1961 (in German).
4. Jones, D. S., Acoustic and Electromagnetic Waves, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1989.
5. Weinstein, L. A., "The Theory of Diffraction and the Factorization Method," Golem Press, Boulder, Colorado, 1969.
6. Leon, N. Z. and R. D. Hatcher, "Scattering of a plane wave of arbitrary diffraction of incidence by a metallic strip," Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 93, 303-330, May 1962.
7. Imran, A., Q. A. Naqvi, and K. Hongo, "Diffraction of electromagnetic plane wave by an impedance strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 303-318, 2007.
8. Naveed, M., Q. A. Naqvi, and K. Hongo, "Diffraction of EM plane wave by a slit in an impedance plane using Malyuzhinets function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 265-273, 2008.
9. Ufimtsev, P. Ya., Theory of Edge Diffraction in Electromagnetics, Tech Science, Encino , 2003.
10. Sautbekov , S. S., "Factorization method for finite fine structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 25, 1-21, 2010.
11. Meixner, J., "The behavior of electromagnetic fields at edges," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 20, No. 4, 442-446, 1972.
12. Sommerfeld, A., Partial Differential Equations in Physics, Academic Press Inc., New York, 1949.