In this study, a three-dimensional (3-D) structural model of an adult male body, including 12 kinds of tissues and organs, was analyzed using a 3-D model design application (i.e., 3ds Max). The standard model of Asians was used as reference. The electrical parameters of brain tissues at different electromagnetic frequencies were introduced to obtain the electromagnetic model. Computational electromagnetic software based on the finite-difference time-domain was used to calculate the model absorption of electromagnetic waves under ultra-wide band electromagnetic irradiation. The specific absorption rates (SARs) of the ensemble average and the model human tissue were also obtained. This study aims to provide a parameter for the development of electromagnetic radiation protection standards, and to discuss related research.
2. Pakhomov, A. G., P. Gajsek, L. Allen, B. E. Stuck, and M.R. Murphy, "Comparison of dose dependences for bioeffects of continuous-wave and high-peak power microwave emissions using gel-suspended cell cultures," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 23, 158-167, 2002.
3. Miler, S. A., M. E. Bronson, and M. R. Murphy, "Ultrawideband radiation and pentylenetetrazol-induced convulsions in rats," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 20, 327-329, 1999.
4. Natarajan, M., Vijayalaxmi, M. Szilagyi, F. N. Roldan, and M. L. Meltz, "NF-kB DNA-bingding activity after high peak power pulsed microwave (8.2 GHz) exposure of normal human monocytes," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 23, 271-277, 2002.
5. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite Diference Time-Domain Method, Artech House, Boston, 2000.
6. Valuev, I., A. Deinega, A. Knizhnik, and B. Potapkin, "Creating numerically efficient FDTD simulations using generic C++ programming," ICCSA 2007, O. Gervasi and M. Gavrilova (Eds.), LNCS 4707, Part III, 213-226, 2007.
7. Gedney, S. D., "Introduction to the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method for electromagnetics," Synthesis Lectures on Computational Electromagnetics, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1-250, 2011.
8. Gan, T. H. and E. L. Tan, "Stability and dispersion analysis for three-dimensional (3-D) leapfrog ADI-FDTD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 23, 1-12, 2012.
9. Guo, X. M., Q. X. Guo, W. Zhao, and W. H. Yu, "Parallel FDTD simulation using numa acceleration technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 28, 1-8, 2012.
10. Dev, S. R. S., Y. Gariepy, V. Orsat, and G. S. V. Raghavan, "FDTD modeling and simulation of microwave heating of in-shell EGGS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 13, 229-243, 2010.
11. Sabri, M. M. and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "Application of FDTD-based macromodeling for signal integrity analysis in practical PCBS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 5, 45-55, 2008.
12. Yan, Y., S. Shi, and D. Ge, "Complex object modeling for FDTD method," Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 25, 389-392, 1998.