In this paper, a measurement procedure allowing the characterization of active integrated antennas in terms of intermodulation distortion and compression point inside of a parallel plate cell is presented. The validity of the radiative measurement is shown and compared to the traditional guided procedure. A good agreement between the two methods shows that this approach allows the evaluation of the overall linearity behavior of arbitrary complex integrated antennas and can serve as a complementary tool when the traditional guided method cannot be applied.
2. Muterspaugh, M. W., "Measurement of indoor antennas using GTEM cell," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 49, No. 3, 536-538, 2003.
3. Grudzinski, E. and H. Trzaska, "Electromagnetic field standards and exposure systems," IET, Edison NJ, USA, 2013.
4. Kaverine, E., S. Palud, F. Colombel, and M. Himdi, "Simple approach to miniaturized antenna gain measurement using a parallel plate cell in the HF band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 46, 11-18, 2016.
5. Taachouche, Y., F. Colombel, and M. Himdi, "Very compact and broadband active antenna for VHF band applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2012, 2011.
6. Meinke, H. H., "Transistorized receiving antennas,", Institut für Hochfrequenztechnik, Munich, 1967.