This paper describes experimental studies of passive intermodulation due to metal-metal contacts. These studies cover the in uence of roughness surface prole and of the thin native oxide layer on PIM value versus contact axial forces. A complete description of a dedicated test bench used during dierent studies is done. Moreover, obtained results are compared to observations published earlier.
2. Best, G., "Passive Intermodulation (PIM) in broadcast transmission systems-lessons learned and a look into the future," 2014 IEEE International Symposium, Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting (BMSB), Jun. 25–27, 2014.
3. El Banna, B., T. Olsson, and J. Uddin, "Sources of passive intermodulation in base station antenna systems," Proc. Antennas Propag. Conf., 139-144, Loughboroughl, U.K., 2006.
4. Bayrak, M. and F. A. Benson, "Intermodulation products from nonlinearities in transmission lines and connectors at microwave frequencies," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., Vol. 122, No. 4, 361-367, Apr. 1975.
5. Arazm, F. and F. A. Benson, "Nonlinearities in metal contacts at microwave frequencies," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 3, 142-149, Aug. 1980.
6., Passive Intermodulation (PIM) handling for Base Stations (BS), 3GPP TR 37.808, 2013.
7. Vincente, C. and H. L. Hartnagel, "Passive-Intermodulation analysis between rectangular waveguide flanges," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 8, Aug. 2005.
8. Vincente, C., D. Wolk, H. L. Hartnagel, B. Gimeno, V. E. Boria, and D. Raboso, "Experimental analysis of Passive Intermodulation at waveguide flange bolted connections," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 5, May 2007.
9. Schuchinsky, A. G., J. Francey, and V. F. Fusco, "Distributed sources of passive intermodulation on printed lines," Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symp., 447-450, Jul. 2005.
10. Shitvov, A. P., T. Olsson, J. Francey, D. E. Zelenchuk, A. G. Schuchinsky, and B. El Banna, "Effects of interface conditions and long-term stability of passive intermodulation response in printed lines," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 5, No. 1, 68-76, Jan. 2011.
11., Fasteners - Torque/Clamp Force Testing, ISO-16047, 2005.
12. Shitvov, A. P., D. E. Zelenchuk, A. G. Schuchinsky, and V. F. Fusco, "Passive intermodulation in printed lines: Effects of trace dimensions and substrate," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, No. 2, 260-268, Feb. 2009.
13. Hartman, R., "Measuring the Passive Intermodulation performance of RF cable assemblies,", Kaelus, [Online], Available: http://www.kaelus.com/en/specials-folder/pdffiles/wp_performance_rf_cable_assemblies.
14. Kaelus E-series PIM Analyzers Datasheet, , [Online], Available: http://www.castlemicrowave.com/assets/Uploads/PDF/e-series-pdf.pdf.pdf.
15., Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) - Surface Texture: Profile Method - Terms, Definitions and Surface Texture Parameters, ISO-4287, 1997.