To enhance the accuracy of estimated rotor position for sensorless controlled permanent magnet synchronous motor, the strategy based on sliding mode observer (SMO) with dual second order generalized integrator (DSOGI) is proposed. The SMO is utilized to estimate the back electromotive force (EMF). Considering the estimated back-EMF harmonics resulting from both flux spatial harmonics and inverter nonlinearities, the DSOGI is applied to eliminate multiple orders harmonics and extract the fundamental wave of the estimated back-EMF for calculating the rotor position. Therefore, the DSOGI can effectively reduce the influence of the estimated back-EMF harmonics and improve the accuracy of rotor position estimation. In addition, the software quadrature phase-locked loop with back-EMF normalization is utilized to calculate the rotor position in order to eliminate the influence of the changed back-EMF magnitude at different speed. Finally, to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed strategy, the experimental platform of an open-winding permanent magnet brushless motor is built. The comparison results verified that the drive system performance of both steady state and dynamic state is improved.
2. Refaie, A. E., "Motors/generators for traction/propulsion applications: A review," IEEE Veh. Technol. Mag., Vol. 8, No. 1, 90-99, 2013.
3. Zhu, X., Z. Xiang, L. Quan, W. Wu, and Y. Du, "Multi-Mode optimization design methodology for a flux-controllable stator permanent magnet memory motor considering driving cycles," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 65, No. 7, 5353-5366, Jul. 2018.
4. Zhao, W., M. Cheng, R. Cao, and J. Ji, "Experimental comparison of remedial single-channel operations for redundant flux-switching permanent-magnet motor drive," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 189-204, 2012.
5. Nian, H. and Y. Zhou, "Investigation of open-winding pmsg system with the integration of fully controlled and uncontrolled converter," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 51, No. 1, 429-439, 2015.
6. Kiadehi, A. D., K. E. K. Drissi, and C. Pasquier, "Angular modulation of dual-inverter fed open-end motor for electrical vehicle applications," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 31, No. 4, 2980-2990, 2016.
7. Yang, S. C. and Y. L. Hsu, "Full speed region sensorless drive of permanent-magnet machine combining saliency-based and back-EMF-based drive," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 2, 1092-1101, 2017.
8. Gu, C., et al., "A PLL-based novel commutation correction strategy for a high-speed brushless DC motor sensorless drive system," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 5, 3752-3762, 2018.
9. Sun, Y., et al., "Unified wide-speed sensorless scheme using nonlinear optimization for IPMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 32, No. 8, 6308-6322, 2017.
10. Robert, W. H. and R. D. Lorenz, "Evaluating the practical low speed limits for back-EMF tracking-based sensorless speed control using drive stiffness as a key metric," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 47, No. 3, 1337-1343, 2011.
11. Dai, N., et al., "Performance of a sensorless controlled concentrated-wound interior permanent-magnet synchronous machine at low and zero speed," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 4, 2016-2026, 2016.
12. Saadaoui, O., et al., "A sliding-mode observer for high-performance sensorless control of PMSM with initial rotor position detection," International Journal of Control, Vol. 90, No. 2, 377-392, 2017.
13. Aydogmus, O. and M. F. Talu, "Comparison of extended-kalman- and particle-filter-based sensorless speed control," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, Vol. 61, No. 2, 402-410, 2012.
14. Tang, Z. and B. Akin, "Suppression of dead-time distortion through revised repetitive controller in PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 32, No. 3, 918-930, 2017.
15. Lin, T. C., Z. Q. Zhu, and J. M. Liu, "Improved rotor position estimation in sensorless-controlled permanent-magnet synchronous machines having asymmetric-EMF with harmonic compensation," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 62, No. 10, 6131-6139, 2015.
16. Zhang, G., et al., "Multiple-AVF cross-feedback-network-based position error harmonic fluctuation elimination for sensorless IPMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 2, 821-831, 2016.
17. Yan, Z., et al., "Double fundamental frequency PLL with second order generalized integrator under unbalanced grid voltages," Journal of Power Supply, 108-113, 2014.
18. Xavier, L. S., et al., "Adaptive current control strategy for harmonic compensation in single-phase solar inverters," Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 142, 84-95, 2017.
19. Chen, C. Z., et al., "An extended electromotive force model for sensorless control of interior permanent-magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 50, No. 2, 288-295, 2003.