The electromagnetic circumstance of the small-room of substation turns to be more complex with the increase of the voltage level of the power grid. In this paper, a physical model for protective small-room of substation on the basis of the random plane wave hypothesis and wave-chaotic approach is constructed to get the scattering parameters, combining the Random Coupling Model (RCM) to deduce inducted voltage of coaxial cable terminal and making statistical analysis and prediction for electromagnetic quantity coupled to the cable terminal. The results of simulation by FEKO show the validity of the method introduced in this paper, which provides a guidance for the electromagnetic protection in the protective small-room.
2. Guang, Z. Z., L. Yao, Q. W. Bao, X. W. Zhang, and X. Wu, "Research on shielding measurement of 100 kV substation protective chamber in switch yard," High Voltage Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 12, 62-88, 2006.
3. Wiggins, C. M. and S. E. Wright, "Switching transient fields in substation," IEEE Trans on Power Delivery, Vol. 6, No. 2, 591-600, 1991.
4. Zheng, X., J. T. M. Antonsen, and E. Ott, "Statistics of impedance and scattering matrices of chaotic microwave cavities with multiple ports," Electromagnetics, Vol. 26, No. 1, 37-55, 2006.
5. Hemmady, S., T. M. Antonsen, E. Ott, and S. M. Anlage, "Statistical prediction and measurement of induced voltages on components within complicated enclosures: A wave-chaotic approach," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 54, No. 4, 758-771, 2012.
6. Xin, L., C. Meng, Y. N. Liu, E. Schamiloglu, and S. Hemmady, "Experimental verification of a stochastic topology approach for high-power microwave effects," IEEE Transactions on Electronic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 1-6, 2015.
7. Gil, J. G., Z. B. Drikas, T. D. Andreadis, and S. M. Anlage, "Prediction of induced voltages on ports in complex, three-dimensional enclosures with apertures, using the random coupling model," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 5, 1535-1540, 2016.
8. Fan, J. Q., Y. Pan, and J. H. Hao, "Application of the random coupling model to electromagnetic coupling effect analysis of complex double cavity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 65, 81-87, 2017.
9. Zachary, B. D., G. G. Jesus, K. H. Sun, D. A. Tim, Y. Jen-Hao, T. T. Biniyam, and S. M. Anlage, "Application of the random coupling model to electromagnetic statistics in complex enclosures," IEEE Transactions on Electronic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 6, 1480-1487, 2014.
10. Bisrat, D. A., C. R. John, and M. A. Thomas, "Application of the random coupling model to lossy ports in complex enclosures," IEEE Metrology for Aerospace (MetroAeroSpace) Conference, 214-219, Benevento, Italy, Jun. 2015.
11. Min, Z., O. Edward, M. A. Thomas, and S. M. Anlage, "Nonlinear wave chaos: statistics of second harmonic fields," Chaos, Vol. 27, 103114, 2017.
12. Chaouki, K., M. Olivier, G. Gabriele, T. J. Antonsen, E. Otto, and S. M. Anlage, "Stochastic Kron’s model inspired from the random coupling model," 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 935-940, Dresden Germany, Aug. 2015.
13. Addissie, B. D., J. C. Rodgers, and T. M. Antonsen, "Extraction of the coupling impedance in overmoded cavities," Wave Motion., 0165-2125, 2018.
14. Addissie, B. D., J. C. Rodgers, and T. M. Antonsen, "Application of the random coupling model to lossy ports in complex enclosures," 2015 IEEE Metrology for Aerospace (Metro Aero Space), Benevento, Italy, Jun. 4–5, 2015.
15. Gabriele, G., M. A. Thomas, M. A. Steven, and E. Ott, "A statistical model for the excitation of cavities through apertures," IEEE Transactions on Electronic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 5, 1049-1061, 2015.
16. Gabriele, G., C. Xiaoming, and M. A. Thomas, "Random coupling model for wireless communication channels," 2014 International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC Europe), 878-882, Gothenburg, Sweden, Sept. 2014.
17. Bo, X., M. A. Thomas, O. Edward, and S. M. Anlage, "Focusing waves at an arbitrary location in a ray-chaotic enclosure using time-reversed synthetic sonas," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 93, 052205, 2016.