In order to solve high torque ripple of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) for marine electric propulsion under the current control methods, the improved model predictive current control (MPCC) of PMSM for marine electric propulsion based on the mathematical model of three-phase PMSM is proposed. First, the stator current prediction model is derived based on the forward Euler method. Then the first optimal voltage vector is obtained by the value function, and the second optimal voltage vector, and the second optimal voltage vector and the first and second optimal voltage vectors' respective action times are obtained by the q-axis deadbeat control, which are directly fed back to the inverter. The proposed control method is verified by simulation and hardware in the loop simulation experiment. The experiment results show that, in comparison with the direct torque control based on space vector modulation (SVM-DTC) in the case of motor speed and torque mutation, the torque ripple of motor is reduced by 9.40% and 4.80% respectively based on improved MPCC. The feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed method are verified by the simulation and experiment results.
2. Wen, S., T. Zhao, Y. Tang, Y. Xu, M. Zhu, and Y. Huang, "A joint photovoltaic-dependent navigation routing and energy storage system sizing scheme for more efficient all-electric ships," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1279-1289, 2020.
3. Haxhiu, A., J. Kyyrä, R. Chan, and S. Kanerva, "Improved variable DC approach to minimize drivetrain losses in fuel cell marine power systems," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 57, No. 1, 882-893, 2021.
4. Zhang, Z., H. Guo, Y. Liu, Q. Zhang, P. Zhu, and R. Iqbal, "An improved sensorless control strategy of ship IPMSM at full speed range," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 178652-178661, 2019.
5. Ren, J., et al., "Sensorless control of ship propulsion interior permanent magnet synchronous motor based on a new sliding mode observer," ISA Transactions, Vol. 54, No. 2, 15-26, 2015.
6. Ojaghlu, P. and A. Vahedi, "Specification and design of ring winding axial flux motor for rim-driven thruster of ship electric propulsion," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 68, No. 2, 1318-1326, 2019.
7. Xu, X., et al., "Modulation and voltage balancing control of dual five-level ANPC inverter for ship electric propulsion systems," Chinese Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 4, 78-92, 2021.
8. Amin, M. M., F. F. M. El-Sousy, O. A. Mohammed, G. A. A. Aziz, and K. Gaber, "MRAS-based super-twisting sliding-mode estimator combined with block control and DTC of six-phase induction motor for ship propulsion application," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 57, No. 6, 6646-6658, 2021.
9. Jayaprakasan, S., S. Ashok, and R. Ramchand, "Current error space vector based hysteresis controller for VSI fed PMSM drive," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 10, 10690-10699, 2020.
10. Kim, J. S., S. Oh, and S. H. Kim, "A study on the speed and torque control of propulsion motor for electric propulsion ship by direct torque control," Journal of Advanced Marine Engineering and Technology, Vol. 33, No. 6, 946-951, 2009.
11. Zhang, X. and G. H. B. Foo, "A constant switching frequency-based direct torque control method for interior permanent-magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 21, No. 3, 1445-1456, 2016.
12. Cheema, M. A. M., J. E. Fletcher, D. Xiao, and M. F. Rahman, "A direct thrust control scheme for linear permanent magnet synchronous motor based on online duty ratio control," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 31, No. 6, 4416-4428, 2016.
13. Naganathan, P. and S. Srinivas, "Direct torque control techniques of three-level H-bridge inverter fed induction motor for torque ripple reduction at low speed operations," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 10, 8262-8670, 2020.
14. Lakhimsetty, S., V. S. P. Satelli, R. S. Rathore, and V. T. Somasekhar, "Multilevel torque hysteresis-band based direct-torque control strategy for a three-level open-end winding induction motor drive for electric vehicle applications," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 7, No. 3, 1969-1981, 2019.
15. Sebtahmadi, S. S., H. Pirasteh, S. H. Aghay Kaboli, A. Radan, and S. Mekhilef, "A 12-sector space vector switching scheme for performance improvement of matrix-converter-based DTC of IM drive," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 30, No. 7, 3804-3817, 2015.
16. Vinod, B. R., M. R. Baiju, and G. Shiny, "Five-level inverter-fed space vector based direct torque control of open-end winding induction motor drive," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 33, No. 3, 1392-1401, 2018.
17. Ananth, M. B. J., M. Vennila, and J. A. Thulasi, "A novel direct torque control scheme for induction machines with space vector modulation," 2016 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT), 4773-4779, 2016.
18. Wang, Z., X. Wang, J. Cao, M. Cheng, and Y. Hu, "Direct torque control of T-NPC inverters-fed double-stator-winding PMSM drives with SVM," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 33, No. 2, 1541-1553, 2018.
19. Moati, Y., K. Kouzi, and A. Iqbal, "Adaptive optimized DTC-SVM using metaheuristic bat algorithm for DSIM fed by IMC based on robust synergetic speed controller," International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, Vol. 31, No. 1, 1-25, 2021.
20. Luo, P., H. Zhao, C. Guo, and S. Cheng, "Model predictive control of permanent magnet synchronous propulsion motor applied in USV with composite ship-propeller load," 2018 Eighth International Conference on Information Science and Technology (ICIST), 212-217, 2018.
21. Liu, C., Z. Pan, J.Wang, H. Fan, W. Yang, and H. Zhang, "Development of distributed photovoltaic grid-connected simulation system based on StarSim platform," 2020 IEEE 3rd Student Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (SCEMS), 843-846, 2020.
22. Xiang, J., J. Xu, H. Wang, C. Li, G. Cui, and Y. Peng, "Reconfigurable line-side converter for DC voltage matching and ripple suppression in multisystem locomotives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 36, No. 5, 5832-5844, 2021.