This paper presents a novel CPW-fed band-notched UWB antenna for the 3.5 GHz wireless local area network (WiMAX) applications. The prototype consists of planar diamond shaped monopole and ground plane. By inserting a novel coupling band-notched filter, which consists of an isosceles trapezoid slot in the radiation patch and a same sized isosceles trapezoid patch on the back of the substrate, with the slot connecting to the patch below through shorting hole, band-rejected filtering property in the WiMAX band is achieved. The proposed antenna is successfully designed with broadband matched impedance, good radiation patterns and constant group delay.
2. Li , X., L. Yang, S.-X. Gong, and Y.-J. Yang, "Ultra-wideband monopole antenna with four-band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 27-34, 2009.
3. Tu, S. , Y. C. Jiao, Y. Song, B. Yang, and X. Z. Wang, "A novel monopole dual band-notched antenna with tapered slot for UWB application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 49-57, 2009.
4. Ren, , L.-S., F. Li, J.-J. Zhao, G. Zhao, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A novel compact UWB antenna with 3.5/5.2/5.8 GHz triple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 131-139, 2010.
5. Lizzi , L., G. Oliveri, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "Planar monopole UWB antenna with WLAN-band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 25, 277-292, 2010.
6. Abdollahvad , M. , G. Dadashzadeh, and D. Mostafa, "Compact dual band-notched printed monopole antenna for UWB application," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 1148-1151, 2010.
7. Zhou, H.-J. , B.-H. Sun, Q.-Z. Liu, and J.-Y. Deng, "Implementa tion and investigation of U-shaped aperture UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 24, 1387-1388, 2008.
8. Tang, M. C., S. Xiao, T. Deng, D. Wang, J. Guan, B. Wang, and G. D. Ge, "Compact UWB antenna with multiple band-notches for WiMAX and WLAN," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1372-1376, 2011.
9. Abbosh, A. M. and M. E. Bialkowski, "Design of UWB planar band-notched antenna using parasitic elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 57, No. 3, 796-799, 2009.
10. Zhu, Y., F. S. Zhang, C. Lin, Y. C. Jiao, and R. Zou, "Design of band-notched structure for UWB applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 4, 235-235, 2011.
11. Dong, Y. D. , W. Hong, and Z. Q. Kuai, "Development of ultrawideband antenna with multiple band-notched characteristics using half mode substrate integrated waveguide cavity," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2894-2901, 2008.