This paper proposes a coplanar waveguide-fed slot antenna with vertical rounded bow-tie slots for wideband harmonic suppression. Higher-order harmonics up to nine times the fundamental resonant frequency (9fo) of the slot antenna was successfully suppressed by adding the slots in the middle of the two slot arms. A prototype of the antenna that resonates at 1 GHz was fabricated. The measured input reflection coefficient of the antenna remains over -3 dB at up to 9.15 GHz, which demonstrates the wideband harmonic suppression capabilities.
2. Park, J. Y., S. M. Han, and T. Itoh, "A rectenna design with harmonic-rejecting circular-sector antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 3, 52-54, 2004.
3. Kim, Y. and S. Lim, "2.4-GHz high-efficiency rectenna using an in-phase partially reflective surface and high-order harmonic reject bandpass filter," Electromagnetics, Vol. 34, No. 6, 463-473, 2014.
4. Tian, X., P. M. Lee, and J. S. Ho, "Control of wireless power transfer to a bioelectronic device by harmonic feedback," AIP Advances, Vol. 8, 095308, 2018.
5. Lin, X. C. and L. T. Wang, "A broadband CPW-fed loop slot antenna with harmonic control," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 2, 323-325, 2003.
6. Tu, W. H., "Compact harmonic-suppressed coplanar waveguide-fed inductively coupled slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 543-545, 2008.
7. Sujith, R., S. Mridula, P. Binu, D. Laila, R. Dinesh, and P. Mohanan, "Compact CPW-fed ground defected H-shaped slot antenna with harmonic suppression and stable radiation characteristics," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 12, 812-814, Jun. 2010.
8. Ma, Z. K. and G. A. E. Vandenbosch, "Wideband harmonic rejection filtenna for wireless power transfer," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 1, 371-377, Jan. 2014.
9. Sun, G. H., S. W. Wong, L. Zhu, and Q. X. Chu, "A compact printed filtering antenna with good suppression of upper harmonic band," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 1349-1352, 2016.
10. Zang, Y., H. Zhai, L. Xi, and L. Li, "A compact microstrip antenna with enhanced bandwidth and ultra-wideband harmonic suppression," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 67, No. 3, 1969-1974, Mar. 2019.
11. Yeo, J., "Compact CPW-fed slot antenna using stepped impedance slot resonators and a band-stop filter for wideband harmonic suppression," International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, Vol. 9, 410-416, Dec. 2018.
12. Yeo, J. and J. I. Lee, "Compact CPW-fed half-ring-shaped slot antenna for harmonic suppression applications," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 57, No. 5, 1102-1104, May 2015.