In this paper, a spatial-domain Galerkin's procedure in Method of Moments is applied to analyse a cylindrical-rectangular chirostrop antenna. It is assumed that a single-layer chiral substrate is wrap-fabricated around a conducting core-cylinder and that a perfectly conducting and electrically thin rectangular-cylindrical microstrip patch antenna is mounted on the surface of the chiral substrate. By imposing the boundary conditions on the multiple interfaces and applying the scattering superposition method, a complete expression of dyadic Green's functions (DGFs) has been obtained and the current distribution over the cylindrical rectangular chirostrip antenna has been determined. Various radiation patterns due to such a microstrip antenna in the presence of a chiral substrate are obtained and compared with those in the presence of an achiral substrate, so as to gain physical insight into effects of the chirostrip.
2. Wu, K. Y. and J. F. Kaufman, "Radiation pattern computations for cylindrical-rectangular microstrip antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat. Soc. Int. Symp., 39-42, 1983.
3. Wong, K.-L. and Y.-C. Chen, "Resonant frequency of slotcoupled cylindrical rectangular microstrip structure," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 7, 566-570, 1994.
4. Ke, S.-Y. and K.-L.Wong, "Broadband cylindrical rectangular microstrip antennas using gap-coupled parasitic patches," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 7, 699-701, 1994.
5. Wong, K.-L., Y.-T. Cheng, and J.-S. Row, "Analysis of a cylindrical-rectangular microstrip structure with an airgap," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 42, No. 6, 1032-1037, June 1994.
6. Chen, J.-S. and K.-L. Wong, "Mutual coupling computatio of cylindrical rectangular microstrip antennas using cavity-model theory," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 9, 323-326, 1995.
7. Ke, S.-Y. and K.-L. Wong, "Input impedance of a probe-fed superstrate-loaded cylindrical rectangular microstrip antenna," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 7, 232-236, 1994.
8. Tai, C. T., Dyadic Green’s Functions in Electromagnetic Theory, 2nd edition, IEEE Press, Piscataway, New Jersey, 1994.
9. Kong, J. A., Electromagnetic Wave Theory, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1990.
10. Collin, R. E., Antennas and Radiowave Propagation, McGraw- Hill, New York, 1985.
11. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1990.
12. Wait, J. R., Electromagnetic Wave Theory, Harper & Row, New York, 1985.
13. Yin, W. and W. Wang, "Dyadic Green’s function of cylindrical multilayered chiral media and its applications," J. Electromagn. Waves Applic., Vol. 7, No. 7, 1005-1027, 1993.
14. Li, L. W., P. S. Kooi, M. S. Leong, and T. S. Yeo, "Analytic represetation of scattering dyadic Green’s functions coeficients for cylindrically multilayered chiral media," J. Electromagn. Waves Applic., Vol. 9, No. 9, 1207-1221, 1995.
15. Engheta, N. and P. Pelet, "Reduction of surface waves in chirostrip antennas," Electron. Lett., Vol. 27, 5-7, 1991.
16. Pelet, P. and N. Engheta, "Novel rotational characteristics of radiation patterns of chirostrip dipole anatennas," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 5, 31-34, 1992.
17. Pelet, P. and N. Engheta, "Chirostrip antenna: Line source problem," J. Electromagn. Waves Applic., Vol. 6, 771-793, 1992.
18. Toscano, A. and L. Vegni, "Spectral dyadic Greenn’s function formulation for planar integrated structures with a grounded chiral slab," J. Electromagn. Waves Applic., Vol. 6, 751-769, 1992.
19. Kluskens, M. S. and E. H. Newman, "Scattering by a chiral cylinder of arbitrary cross section in the presence of a half-plane," J. Electromagn. Waves Applic., Vol. 6, No. 5/6, 721-731, 1992.
20. Yi, W. and W. Wang, "Analyzing the radiated characteristics of a two-layered chirostrip dipole antenna using the dyadic Green’s function," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 6, No. 4, 221-223, Mar. 1993.
21. Zhao, H., W. Wan, and W. Yin, "Radiatio characteristics of rectangular chirostrip antenna," Tien Tzu Hsueh Pao/Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 25, 94-97, 1997.
22. Kong, J. A., "Theorems of bianisotropic media," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 60, 1036-1046, 1972.
23. Jackson, R. W. and D. M. Pozar, "Full-wave analysis of microstrip open-end and gap discontinuities," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 33, 1036-1042, 1985.
24. Gupta, K. C., R. Garg, and I. J. Bahl, Microstrip Lines and Slotlines, Artech House, 1979.
25. Silva, F. C., A. J. Giarola, S. B. A. Fonseca, and A. J. M. Soares, "Effect of a dielectric cover in a microstripline on a circular cylindrical substrate," IEEE Antennas Propagat. Soc. Symp. Dig., 508-511, 1990.
26. Pozar, D. M., "Rigorous a alysis of a microstripline fed patch antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 1343-1350, 1987.
27. Mosig, J. R., R. C. Hall, and F. E. Gardiol, "Numerical analysis of microstrip patch antennas," Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, 391-453, 1989.
28. Collin, R. E., Field Theory of Guided Waves, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960.