The paper presents a new universal formulation of electromagnetic fields in microwave ferrite-dielectric waveguiding structures from the given magnetic field distribution of an external source. The solution is derived from the linearized Landau-Lifshits equation using an orthogonality condition for eigenwaves of a magnetization. The magnetization excited in ferrite is obtained in an electrodynamic, magnetostatic or dipole-exchange approximation, depending on the approximation used for eigenwaves. Results are applied for the formulation and the analytical solution of self-consistent electrodynamic problems of an excitation and a reception of waves in ferrite films by transmission lines of an arbitrary type. Numerical calculations are performed for filters and delay lines on the base of symmetric strip-lines using surface and forward volume magnetostatic waves in ferrite films.
2., Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 76, No. 2, 1988 (Special issue on microwave ferrites).
3. Dmitriev, V. F. and B. A. Kalinikos, "Excitation of propagating waves of magnetization by microstrip antennas," Izvestia vuzov, Physica, Vol. 31, No. 11, 24-53, 1988 (in Russian).
4. Vugalter, G. A. and I. A. Gilinski, "Magnetostatic waves (overview)," Izvestia vuzov, Radiophysica, Vol. 32, No. 10, 1187-1220, 1989 (in Russian).
5. Stancil, D. D., Theory of Magnetostatic Waves, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1993.
6. Kabos, P. and V. S. Stalmachov, Magnetostatic Waves and Their Applications, Chapman & Hall, 1994.
7. Vainstein, L. A., Electromagnetic Waves, Second edition, Radio i Sviaz, Moscow, 1988 (in Russian).
8. Rogozin, V. V., "Characteristic impedance of wire in multi-layered ferrite-dielectric structure," Proc. of the 9th International Conf. on Microwave Ferrites, Esztergom, Hungary, 25–29, 1988.
9. Kalinikos, B. A., "Spectrum and linear excitation of spin waves in ferromagnetic films," Izvestia vuzov, Physica, Vol. 24, No. 8, 42-56, 1981 (in Russian).
10. Zagriadski, S. V., "Theoretical analysis of magnetostatic surface waves filters," Radio Engineering, No. 6, 31-35, 1990 (in Russian).
11. Landau, L. D. and E. M. Lifshits, Quantum Mechanics, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1984.
12. Rogozin, V. V. and V. I. Churkin, Ferrite Filters and Power Limiters, Radio i Sviaz, Moscow, 1985 (in Russian).
13. Rogozin, V. V. and A. N. Averin, "Field of symmetric strip-line," Radio Engineering, No. 2, 73-74, 1980 (in Russian).
14. O’Keeffe, T. W. and R. W. Patterson, "Magnetostatic surfacewave propagation in finite samples," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 49, 4886-4895, 1978.