The extension of C method, combined with idea of Tikhonov's regularization is proposed. The regularizing algorithm for numerical solution of electromagnetic wave diffraction by the boundary of dielectric media is developed. This algorithm is based on the solution of the system linear algebraic equations of C method as subject of regularizing method of A. N. Tikhonov. The numerical calculations of scattered field in the case of E-polarization are presented. The efficiency and reliability of the method for the solution of the problems of boundary shape reconstruction have been proved and demonstrated numerically for several situations.
2. Njoku, E. G., Y. Rahmat-Samii, J. Sercel, W. J. Wilson, and M. Maghaddam, "Evaluation of an inflatable antenna concept for microwave sensing of soil moisture and ocean salinity," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 37, p. I, No. 1, 79-94, 1999.
3. Njoku, E. G. and L. Li, "Retrieval of land surface parameters using passive micro wave measurements at 6–18 GHz," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 37, p. I, No. 1, 63-79, 1999.
4. Ostrov, D. N., "Boundary conditions and fast algorithms for surface reconstruction from Synthetic aperture radar data," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 37, p. II, No. 1, 335-346, 1999.
5. Li, L., J. Chandezon, G. Granet, and J.-P. Plumey, "A rigorous and efficient grating analysis method made easy for optical engineers," Journal of Optical Society of America, No. 1, 1999.
6. Plumey, J.-P., B. Guizal, and J. Chandezon, "Coordinate transformation method as applied to asymmetric gratings with vertical facets," Journal of Optical Society of America, No. 3, 1997.
7. Granet, G., J.-P. Plumey, and J. Chandezon, "Some topics in extending the C method to multilayer-coated gratings of different profiles," Pure Appl. Opt., No. 2, 1996.
8. Plumey, J.-P., G. Granet, and J. Chandezon, "Differential covariant formalism for solving Maxwell’s equations in curvilinear coordinates: oblique scattering from lossy periodic surfaces," IEEE Trans. AP, Vol. 43, No. 8, 1995.
9. Chandezon, J., D. Maystre, and G. Raoult, "A new theoretical method for diffraction gratings and its numerical application," J.Optics (Paris), No. 4, 1980.
10. Chandezon, J., M. T. Depuis, G. Cornet, and D. Maystre, "Multicoated gratings: a differential formalism applicable in the entire optical region," Journal of Optical Society of America, No. 7, 1982.
11. Petit, R. (ed.), Electromagnetic Theory of Gratings, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1980.
12. Shestopalov, V. P., L. N. Litvinenko, S. A. Masalov, and V. G. Sologub, Wave Diffraction by Gratings, Publ. of Kharkov National University, Kharkov, Ukraine, 1973.
13. Gohberg, I. Tz. and M. G. Krein, Introduction to the Theory of Linear Non Self-Adjoined Operators in Hilbert Space, Moscow, Russia, 1965 (in Russian).
14. Tikhonov, A. N. and V. Ya. Arsenin, Methods for the Solution of Ill Posed Problems, Moscow, Russia, 1986.
15. Ivanov, V. K., V. V. Vasin, and V. P. Talanov, Theory of Linear Ill Posed Problems and Its Applications, 208, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 1978 (In Russian).