Theory of scattering by conducting, lossy dielectric, ferrite and/or pseudochiral cylinders is investigated using a combination of a modified iterative scattering procedure and the orthogonal expansion method. The addition theorems for vector cylindrical harmonics, which transform harmonics from one coordinate system to another, are presented. The scattered field patterns for open structures and frequency responses of the transmission coefficients in a rectangular waveguide describing the resonances of the posts on the dominant waveguide mode are derived. The validity and accuracy of the method is verified by comparing the numerical results with those given in literature.
2. Jim, J. M. and V. V. Liepa, "Application of hybrid finite element method to electromagnetic scattering from coated cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 36, 50-54, 1988.
3. Ragheb, H. A. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by N parallel conducting circular cylinders," Int. J. Electron., Vol. 59, 407-421, 1985.
4. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by parallel conducting circular cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 355-358, 1987.
5. Chew, C. W., L. Gurel, Y. M. Wang, G. Otto, R. L. Wagner, and Q. H. Liu, "A generalized recursive algorithm for wave scattering solution in two dimensions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 40, 716-723, April 1992.
6. Elsherbeni, A. Z., M. Hamid, and G. Tian, "Iterative scattering of a Gaussian beam by an array of circular conducting and dielectric cylinders," J. of Electromagnetic Waves and Appl., Vol. 7, No. 10, 1323-1342, 1993.
7. Nielsen, E. D., "Scattering by a cylindrical post of complex permittivity in a waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 17, 148-153, 1969.
8. Sahalos, J. N. and E. Vafiadis, "On the narrow-band microwave filter design using a dielectric rod," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 33, 1165-1171, Nov. 1985.
9. Hsu, C. G. and H. A. Auda, "Multiple dielectric posts in a rectangular waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 34, 883-891, Aug. 1986.
10. Ise, K. and M. Koshiba, "Numerical analysis of H-plane waveguide functions by combination of finite and boundary elements," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 36, 1343-1351, Sep. 1988.
11. Gesche, R. and N. Lochel, "Scattering by a lossy dielectric cylinder in a rectangular waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 36, 137-144, Jan. 1988.
12. Gesche, R. and N. Lochel, "Two cylindrical obstacles in a rectangular waveguide-resonances and filter applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 37, 962-968, June 1989.
13. Valero, A. and M. Ferrando, "Full-wave equivalent network representation for multiple arbitrary shaped posts in H-plane waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 1997-2002, Oct. 1999.
14. Abramovitz, M. and I. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York, 1970.
15. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, Wiley, New York, 1989.
16. Baden Fuller, A. J., Ferrites at Microwave Frequencies, Peter Peregrinus, Ltd., 1987.
17. Engheta, N. and M. M. Saadoun, "Novel pseudochiral or Ω-medium and its applications," Proc. of PIERS’91, 339, Cambridge, MA, July 1991.
18. Saddoun, M. M., "The pseudochiral Ω-medium: Theory and potential applications,", Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Pennsylvania, USA, September 1992.