Guided waves in a wire medium slab are studied. The wire medium is considered as a continuous medium described in terms of uniaxial permittivity dyadic. Nonlocal model of the wire medium, taking into account spatial dispersion, is used in the analysis. Different cases of an arrangement of the wires are considered. Analytic expressions for the fields in unbounded media and numerical solutions for eigenmodes spectrum in wire medium slab are obtained. Comparison of the results given by old (local) and new model of wire medium is presented.
2. King, R. J., D. V. Thiel, and K. S. Park, "The synthesis of surface reactance using an artificial dielectric," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 31, 471-476, 1983.
3. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Soviet Physics Uspekhi, Vol. 92, 517-526, 1968.
4. Smith, D. R., W. J. Padilla, D. C. Vier, S. C. Nemat-Nasser, and S. Schultz, "Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 84, 4184-4187, 2000.
5. Maslovski, S. I., S. A. Tretyakov, and P. A. Belov, "Wire media with negative effective permittivity: a quasi-static model," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 35, No. 1, 47-51, 2002.
6. Belov, P. A., S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, "Dispersion and reflection properties of artificial media formed by regular lattices of ideally conducting wires," Journal of Electrom. Waves and Applic., Vol. 16, No. 8, 1153-1170, 2002.
7. Belov, P. A., R. Marques, S. I. Maslovski, I. S. Nefedov, M. Silveirinha, C. R. Simovski, and S. A. Tretyakov, "Strong spatial dispersion in wire media in the very large wavelength limit," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 63, 113103-1, 2003.
8. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, W. J. Stewart, and I. Youngs, "Extremely low frequency plasmons in metallic mesostructures," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 76, No. 25, 4773-4776, 1996.
9. Nefedov, I. S., "Microstrip slow-wave structures on the bianisotropic substrate," Electromagnetics, Vol. 17, No. 4, 343-360, 1997.