A microstrip square-ring slot antenna (MSRSA) for UWB (Ultra Wideband) antenna applications is proposed and improved by compaction. This structure is fed by a single microstrip line with a fork like-tuning stub. By splitting the square-ring slot antenna (SRSA) and optimization ofthe feeding network, the required impedance bandwidth is achieved over the UWB frequency range (3.1 to 10.6 GHz). The experimental and simulation results exhibit good agreement together. Parametric study is applied to compaction of structure. This compaction provides a good radiation pattern and a relatively constant gain over the entire band off requency.
2. Kahrizi, M., T. Sarkar, and Z. Maricevic, "Analysis ofa wide radiating slot in the ground plane ofa microstrip line," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 41, No. 1, 29-37, 1993.
3. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Ultrawide-band coplanar Waveguide-fed rectangular slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Lett., Vol. 3, 227-229, 2004.
4. Sze, J. and K. Wong, "Bandwidth enhancement ofa microstripline- fed printed wide-slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 7, 1020-1024, 2001.
5. Sharma, S. K., L. Shafai, and N. Jacob, "Investigation of wideband microstrip slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 3, 865-872, 2004.
6. Latif, S. I., L. Shafai, and S. K. Sharma, "Bandwidth enhancement and size reduction ofmicrostrip slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 3, 994-1003, 2005.
7. Behdad, N. and K. Sarabnadi, "A multiresonant single element wideband slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Lett., Vol. 3, 5-8, 2004.
8. Behdad, N. and K. Sarabandi, "A wide-band slot antenna design employing a fictitious short circuit concept," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 1, 475-482, 2005.
9. Ghali, H. A. and T. A Moselhy, "Broad-band circularly polarized space-filling-based slot antennas," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 6, 1946-1950, 2005.
10. Kharakhili, F. G., M. Fardis, G. Dadashzadeh, A. Ahmadi, and N. Hojjat, "Circular slot with a novel circular microstrip open ended microstrip feed for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 161-167, 2007.
11. IE3D 9.1 Electromagnetic simulation Software, Zeland software, Zeland software, Inc..
12. HFSS 9.1 Software, Ansoft Corporation., Ansoft Corporation..
13. Advanced Design System, Agilent Technologies., Agilent Technologies..