A novel fast and accurate interpolation technique for recovering the uniformly distributed samples from the irregularly spaced samples, collected non-uniformly due to the probe position error in planar near-field antenna measurements, is presented. The technique employs Yen's interpolator and tries to make it as practical as possible for the use in near-field antenna measurements. A comprehensive simulation capability is developed and through out the simulations the speed and precision of this accurate and timely efficient interpolation technique is compared with some other techniques which are also based on Yen's interpolators. The results well demonstrate the advantages of our technique we termed "The Cross-Rail Technique".
2. D'Agostino, F., C. Gennarelli, G. Riccio, and C. Savarese, "Theoretical foundations of near-field-far-field transformations with spiral scanning," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 193-214, 2006.
3. Yaghjian, A. D., "An overview of near-field antenna measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-34, No. 1, 30-45, 1986.
4. Newell, A. C., "Error Analysis Techniques for planar nearfield measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-36, No. 6, 1988.
5. Fooshe, D. S., Application of error correction technologies to near-field antenna measurement systems, Proceedings of IEEE Aerospace Applications Conference, Vol. 1, 141-149, 1996.
6. Okhovvat, M. and M. Hakkak, "Probe-position error correction for time-domain planar near-field antenna measurements," Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 26, 629-638, 2002.
7. Sten, J. C. and A. Hujanen, "Aspects on the phase delay and phase velocity in the electromagnetic near-field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 67-80, 2006.
8. Rahmat-Samii, Y. and R. Lap-Tung Cheung, "Nonuniform sampling techniques for antenna applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-35, No. 3, 268-279, 1987.
9. Jerri, A. J., The Shannon sampling theorem-Its various extensions and applications: A tutorial review, Proc. IEEE, Vol. 65, No. 11, 1977.
10. Dehghanian, V., M. Okhovvat, and M. Hakkak, A new interpolation method for reconstructing non-uniformly spaced samples into uniform ones in planar near-field antenna measurements, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 3, 207-210, 2003.
11. Bucci, O. M., C. Gennarelli, and C. Savarese, "Fast and accurate near-field-far-field transformation by sampling interpolation of plane polar measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-39, 48-55, 1991.
12. Choi, H. and D. C. Munson, "Analysis and design of minimaxoptimal interpolators," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 6, 1998.
13. Ahmad, M. O., An iterative procedure for uniform sampling of 2-D signals from non-equally spaced samples, IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 1087-1091, 1989.
14. Yen, J. L., "On nonunifrom sampling of bandwidth-limited signals," IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory, Vol. CT-3, 251-257, 1956.
15. Raz, R., "On the complexity of matrix product," SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol. 32, No. 5, 1356-1369, 2003.
16. Francis, M. H., A. C. Newell, K. R. Grimm, J. Hoffman, and H. E. Schrank, "Comparison of ultra low sidelobe antenna for far field patterns using the planar near field method and the far field method," IEEE Antenna and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 37, No. 6, 1995.