A novel dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter based on conventional triangular dual-mode filter is designed in this paper. The filter has the characteristics of compact structure, low insertion loss and so on. Based on the current design schemes, the design of dualmode and dual-band filter can be integrated in a novel filter structure. Several attenuation poles in the stopband are realized to improve the selectivity of the proposed bandpass filter. The experimented results were in good agreement with simulated results.
"Novel Design of Dual -Mode Dual-Band Bandpass Filter with Triangular Resonators," ,
Vol. 77, 417-424, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07090501
1. Levy, R., "Zolotarev functions, a new distribution prototype filter, and the design of mixed lumped/distributed components," IEEE G-MTT Microwave Int. Symp. Dig., Vol. 70, 71-75, 1970. doi:10.1109/GMTT.1970.1122772
2. Wang, J., Y.-X Guo, B.-Z. Wang, L. C. Ong, and S. Xiao, "High-selectivity dual-band stepped-impedance bandpass filter," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 9, 538-540, 2006. doi:10.1049/el:20064491
3. Sun, S. and L. Zhu, "Novel design of dual-band microstrip bandpass filters with good in-between isolation," IEEE APMC 2005, 2005.
4. Tsai, L.-C. and C.-W. Hsue, "Dual-band bandpass filters using equallength coupled-serial-shunted lines and Z-transform techniques," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1111-1117, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.825680
5. Tu, W.-H. and K. Chang, "Miniaturized dual-mode bandpass filter with harmonic control," IEEE Microwave And Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 12, 2005.
6. Lugo, C. and J. Papapolymerou, "Bandpass filter design using a microstrip triangular loop resonator with dual-mode operation," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Comopnents Letters, Vol. 15, No. 7, 2005.
7. Chen, J.-X. and T. Y. Yum, "Dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using stacked-loop structure," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 16, No. 9, 2006. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2006.880705
8. Hong, J.-S. and S. Z. Li, "Dual-mode microstip triangular patch resonators and filters," 2003IEEE MTT-S Digest, 1901-1904, 2003.
9. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
10. Hong, J.-S., "Couplings of microstrip square open-loop resonators for cross-coupled planar microwave filters," IEEE Transaction Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 12, 1996.
11. Dai, X.-W., C.-H. Liang, B. Wu, and J. Fan, "Novel dual-band bandpass filter design using microstrip open-loop resonators," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2, 219-225, 2008.
12. Xiao, J.-K., S.-P. Li, and Y. Li, "Novel planar bandpass filters using one single patch resonators with corner cuts," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1481-1493, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274327
13. Xiao, J.-K. and Y. Li, "Novel compact microstrip square ring bandpass filters," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1817-1826, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292156
14. Kazerooni, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Simulation, analysis, design and applications of array defected microstrip structure (ADMS) filters using rigorously coupled multi-strip (RCMS) method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 193-207, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06052803
15. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Microwave filters using waveguides filled by multi-layer dielectric," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 105-110, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06102502