This paper proposes a novel double-winding flux modulated permanent magnet machine (FMPM) for stand-alone wind power generation. Based on the flux-modulating effect, a concentrated winding set and a distributed winding set can be artfully equipped on one stator component. This makes the proposed machine possessing much simpler structure than traditional double-winding double-stator PM machines. Comparative study shows that the proposed FMPM can offer higher torque capability and stronger flux adjustability than the existing single-winding FMPMs.
2. Chen, J., C. Nayar, and L. Xu, "Design and finite-element analysis of an outer-rotor permanent-magnet generator for directly coupled wind turbines," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 36, No. 5, 3802-3809, 2000.
3. Misron, N. B., S. Rizuan, R. N. Firdaus, C. Aravind Vaithilingam, H. Wakiwaka, and M. Nirei, "Comparative evaluation on power-speed density of portable permanent magnet generators for agricultural application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 345-363, 2012.
4. Niu, S., K. Chau, J. Jiang, and C. Liu, "Design and control of a new double-stator cup-rotor permanent-magnet machine for wind power generation," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 43, No. 6, 2501-2503, 2007.
5. Liu, C., K. Chau, J. Jiang, and L. Jian, "Design of a new outer-rotor permanent magnet hybrid machine for wind power generation," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 44, No. 6, 1494-1497, 2008.
6. Xu, G., L. Jian, W. Gong, and W. Zhao, "Quantitative comparison of flux-modulated interior permanent magnet machines with distributed windings and concentrated windings," Progress In Eletromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 109-123, 2012.
7. Jian, L., G. Xu, J. Song, H. Xue, D. Zhao, and J. Liang, "Optimum design for improving modulating-effect of coaxial magnetic gear using response surface methodology and genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 116, 297-312, 2011.
8. Li, J., K. T. Chau, J. Jiang, C. Liu, and W. Li, "A new efficient permanent-magnet vernier machine for wind power generation," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 46, No. 6, 1475-1478, 2010.
9. Liu, C. and K.-T. Chau, "Electromagnetic design and analysis of double-rotor flux-modulated permanent-magnet machines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 81-97, 2012.
10. Fu, W. and S. Ho, "A quantitative comparative analysis of a novel °ux-modulated permanent-magnet motor for low-speed drive," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 46, No. 1, 127-134, 2010.
11. Li, X., K.-T. Chau, M. Cheng, and W. Hua, "Comparison of magnetic-geared permanent-magnet machines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 133, 177-198, 2013.
12. Jian, L., G. Xu, Y. Gong, J. Song, J. Liang, and M. Chang, "Electromagnetic design and analysis of a novel magnetic-gear-integrated wind power generator using time-stepping finite element method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 351-367, 2011.
13. Jian, L. and K. Chau, "A coaxial magnetic gear with halbach permanent magnet arrays," IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 25, No. 2, 319-328, 2010.
14. Zhao, W., M. Cheng, R. Cao, and J. Ji, "Experimental comparison of remedial single-channel operations for redundant flux-switching permanent-magnet motor drive," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 189-204, 2012.
15. Mahmoudi, A., S. Kahourzade, N. A. Rahim, and H. W. Ping, "Improvement to performance of solid-rotor-ringed line-start axial-flux permanent-magnet motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 383-404, 2012.
16. Lecointe, J.-P., B. Cassoret, and J.-F. Brudny, "Distinction of toothing and saturation effects on magnetic noise of induction motors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 112, 125-137, 2011.
17. Toba, A. and T. Lipo, "Generic torque-maximizing design methodology of surface permanent-magnet vernier machine," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., Vol. 36, No. 6, 1539-1546, 2000.