1. RamRakhyani, A., S. Mirabbasi, and M. Chiao, "Design and optimization of resonance-based efficient wireless power delivery systems for biomedical implants," IEEE Trans. Biomed. Circuits Syst., Vol. 5, 48-63, Feb. 2011.
2. Heetderks, W. J., "RF powering of millimeter- and submillimeter-sized neural prosthertic implants," IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol. 35, 323-327, May 1988.
3. Donaldson, N. N. and T. Perkins, "Analysis of resonant coupled coils in the design of radio frequency transcutaneous links," Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., Vol. 21, 612-627, Sep. 1983.
4. Chen, C.-J., T.-H. Chu, C.-L. Lin, and J.-C. Jou, "A study of loosely coupled coils for wireless power transfer," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. — II: Express Briefs, Vol. 57, 536-540, Jul. 2010.
5. Ho, J. S., S. Kim, and A. S. Y. Poon, "Midfield wireless powering for implantable systems," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, No. 6, 1369-1378, 2013.
6. Poon, A. S. Y., S. O’Driscoll, and T. H. Meng, "Optimal frequency for wireless power transmission into dispersive tissue," IEEE Trans. Antennas And Propagation, Vol. 58, 1739-1750, May 2010.
7. Kim, S., J. S. Ho, and A. S. Y. Poon, "Wireless power transfer to miniature implants: Transmitter optimization," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 10, 2012.
8. Kim, S., J. S. Ho, and A. S. Y. Poon, "Midfield wireless powering of subwavelength autonomous devices," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 110, 1-5, May 2013.
9. Ho, J. S., A. J. Yeh, E. Neofytou, S. Kim, Y. Tanabe, B. Patlolla, R. E. Beygui, and A. S. Y. Poon, "Wireless power transfer to deep-tissue microimplants," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 111, No. 22, 7974-7979, 2014.
10. EBR System Inc., Implantable systems for wireless heart stimulation, www.ebrsystemsinc.com, 2011.
11. Lenaerts, B. and R. Puers, "An inductive power link for a wireless endoscope," Biosnes. Bioelectron., Vol. 22, 1390-1395, 2007.
12. Biederman, W., D. J. Yeager, N. Narevsky, A. C. Koralek, J. M. Carmena, E. Alon, and J. M. Rabaey, "A fully-integrated, miniaturized (0.125mm2) 10.5 μw wireless neural sensor," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 48, No. 4, 960-970, 2013.
13. Harrington, R. F., Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, IEEE Press, 2001.
14. Ko, W. H., S. P. Liang, and C. D. F. Fun, "Design of radio-frequency powered coils for implant instruments," Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., Vol. 15, 634-640, Feb. 1977.
15. Strang, G., Linear Algebra and Its Application, 3rd Ed., Saunders College Publishing, 1988.
16. O’Driscoll, S., A. S. Y. Poon, and T. H. Meng, "A mm-sized implantable power receiver with adaptive link compensation," Proc. IEEE Intl. Solid-State Circuits Conf. (ISSCC), Feb. 2009.
17. Yakovlev, A., D. Pivonka, T. H. Meng, and A. S. Y. Poon, "A mm-sized wirelessly powered and remotely controlled locomotive implantable device," Proc. IEEE Intl. Solid-State Circuits Conf. (ISSCC), Feb. 2012.
18. We solve Maxwell’s equations for all physical sources using the method-of-moments (Mentor Graphics, IE3D),.
19. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, IEEE Press, 1995.